Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Help me understand regarding sliders at 0 (/forums/showthread.php?t=508352)

pdiehm 09-07-2011 01:35 PM

Help me understand regarding sliders at 0

Default is 50
Max is 100
Minimum is 0

at 0, a player will play true to their ratings, correct?

at 50, a player gets a boost in their ratings

at 100, a player gets a big boost to their ratings.

Obviously since some sliders are reversed, you can't do it...but suppose they were working correctly, if 0 plays to their true ratings, why can't you set everything at 0 and let the ratings take over?

Or am I misunderstanding, and 50 is where their actual ratings come into play?

Also, what attributes make a QB throw the ball downfield vs checking to the flat, or a RB hitting the hole rather than dancing and bouncing outside. Reason I ask is, I'm using syde's sliders (I guess SEC's as well) and playing in coach mode (much more enjoyable and less frustrating than playing IMO), and my QB rather than throwing downfield as designed, checks to the flat about 60% of the time, even if it's covered. Is that AWR?

chia51 09-07-2011 02:24 PM

Re: Help me understand regarding sliders at 0

Evidence points to All American @ 50 being default player ratings... but there is also a very strong argument that Varsity @ 50 is default player ratings.

You also have to take in the fact that we don't know how much each slider affects ratings, ie: 0 means 0, 0 means 50%, etc.

pdiehm 09-07-2011 03:36 PM

I'm sure it's not varsity 50. I just played a half (in coach mode) where PSU outgained Ohio State 210-40. I bumped to AA/50, and OSU had 87 yards in the 2nd half (I had 150). So it appears that my offense/cpu defense is set right, just getting my defense and their offense set right.

It may be that my defense needs to be 25, and the cpu offense at 75 for true ratings to appear.

Sydeburnz 09-07-2011 03:43 PM

in 2011 if you set the RBA to Zero the RB ran like a QB beginning a Option Read. In 2012 RBA Zero and the RB is slowed down mabe a few percentage points (5-10%). At Zero Tackles, tackles still happen, at Zero QBA throws still find their target more times than not.

That suggests that zero is closer to ratings than it was last year at least. Then, if you offset your zero slider on the other side of the ball it stands to reason both sides are at the same level. So Pass Block 0 Pass Rush 0 seems to play just as well as Pass Block 50 and Pass Rush 50 albeit a touch slower.

My Hesiman coach sliders have a majority of sliders set at zero and the games play great for me. Not sure how it would play with HUM stick though.. never tried it. It is pretty evident that regardless of your sliders .. as soon as a HUM stick is on the field the CPU defense goes all Rambo :)

pdiehm 09-07-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydeburnz (Post 2042821958)
in 2011 if you set the RBA to Zero the RB ran like a QB beginning a Option Read. In 2012 RBA Zero and the RB is slowed down mabe a few percentage points (5-10%). At Zero Tackles, tackles still happen, at Zero QBA throws still find their target more times than not.

That suggests that zero is closer to ratings than it was last year at least. Then, if you offset your zero slider on the other side of the ball it stands to reason both sides are at the same level. So Pass Block 0 Pass Rush 0 seems to play just as well as Pass Block 50 and Pass Rush 50 albeit a touch slower.

My Hesiman coach sliders have a majority of sliders set at zero and the games play great for me. Not sure how it would play with HUM stick though.. never tried it. It is pretty evident that regardless of your sliders .. as soon as a HUM stick is on the field the CPU defense goes all Rambo :)

Yeah, I'm done using the stick in this version. It's absolutely no fun. I'll go as far as to say I probably won't buy 2013.

bucnomore11 09-11-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chia51 (Post 2042821621)
Evidence points to All American @ 50 being default player ratings... but there is also a very strong argument that Varsity @ 50 is default player ratings.

You also have to take in the fact that we don't know how much each slider affects ratings, ie: 0 means 0, 0 means 50%, etc.

Why doesn't EA release information detailing this information?

Pizzaguylol 09-11-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucnomore11 (Post 2042842041)

Good... question...

chia51 09-13-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucnomore11 (Post 2042842041)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pizzaguylol (Post 2042843685)
Good... question...

Who knows why... maybe they truly don't know... or that the sliders don't actually affect anything all that much and therefore by telling us that, it would just make sliders obsolete really.