Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Obvious Day 1 Gameplay patches (/forums/showthread.php?t=508776)

KOTC Wayne 09-08-2011 09:47 PM

Obvious Day 1 Gameplay patches

1. Make powerbacks effective: Too many times I have ran with someone like Jacobs only to be brought down on the first tackle , rarely ever breaking a tackle even when I use the truck stick. Powerbacks are simply as not as effective as they should and even when you do break a tackle which is rare, the " breake tackle " animation I keep getting is too slow. It sort of kills the effectiveness of playing with teams with powerbacks b/c of this.

East to West speed of the players: No way D-lineman with 68 speed should be catching RBs and QBs sideline to sideline. Perfect example is when using Vick and when going east to west, it seems like it slows his speed down and speeds up whoever is chasing him and I'm talking about Casey Hampton speed lineman. I understand someone like Peppers maybe gaining ground on someone like Vick depending on the angle at times but its totally unreal for anyone with speeds lower than the obvious DEs and OLBs to be gaining ground on a decent speed player regardless of his position.

Those two issues are the biggest issues gameplay wise that has jumped out at me, I'm curious to see any other problems they anyone may have encountered with the gameplay!

dawgs18 09-08-2011 10:11 PM

Re: Obvious Day 1 Gameplay patches

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOTC Wayne (Post 2042828507)
1. Make powerbacks effective: Too many times I have ran with someone like Jacobs only to be brought down on the first tackle , rarely ever breaking a tackle even when I use the truck stick. Powerbacks are simply as not as effective as they should and even when you do break a tackle which is rare, the " breake tackle " animation I keep getting is too slow. It sort of kills the effectiveness of playing with teams with powerbacks b/c of this.

East to West speed of the players: No way D-lineman with 68 speed should be catching RBs and QBs sideline to sideline. Perfect example is when using Vick and when going east to west, it seems like it slows his speed down and speeds up whoever is chasing him and I'm talking about Casey Hampton speed lineman. I understand someone like Peppers maybe gaining ground on someone like Vick depending on the angle at times but its totally unreal for anyone with speeds lower than the obvious DEs and OLBs to be gaining ground on a decent speed player regardless of his position.

Those two issues are the biggest issues gameplay wise that has jumped out at me, I'm curious to see any other problems they anyone may have encountered with the gameplay!

I totally agree with you. I had P. Hillis with a truck rating of 99 and a CB came in and stood Hillis upright and drove him on his back. Hardly ever see a truck stick.

I also agree about the east and west. The average DEs make plays like the elite DEs and shed the block and chase down Vick or Charles.

Those 2 would make me happy.

bichettehappens 09-08-2011 10:13 PM

I can agree with these, as long as the changes aren't overdone

xpmar9x 09-08-2011 10:42 PM

Those are def the two biggest needs.

Saragoth 09-08-2011 10:48 PM

Agree with these, and fix defensive stats, when using supersim! tired of my team only having 8 tackles total for an entire game

RGmoney 09-08-2011 11:23 PM

Already a things to be patched thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hed-tuned.html

Please continue the discussion in the linked thread.

Closed