Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Completeion % problem/solution (/forums/showthread.php?t=508967)

fringeelement 09-09-2011 01:06 PM

Completeion % problem/solution

As I think most of you are aware, QB completion %'s are way to low for simmed franchise games. Last year there was a theory that lowering the pass aggression coaching slider helped to fix this (presumably by telling CPU QBs to attempt more high % passes) Does anyone know if this actually worked and/or it still works this year? I'm going to try it myself but thought maybe someone could save me the time.

Also, it might be beneficial to lower the Pass vs Run Defensive coaching slider for all CPU teams. I'll try to tool around with this and let you all know if it works, but if anyone has any input in the meantime, that would be appreciated.

TMJOHNS18 09-09-2011 03:29 PM

Re: Completeion % problem/solution

Defensive sliders or offensive may help. Possibly lowering the aggression of offenses might help, maybe it would increase short distance passes and decrease long distant passes in simmed games.

fringeelement 09-09-2011 08:53 PM

So I went and reduced offensive aggression for every team to 50 or less. Teams with young or low rated QB's I put at 40, all others at 50. I also knocked the defensive philosphy slider down towards the run more for a few teams, never less than 50/50. The results after two simmed weeks are a slight improvement.

The week before I made the adjustments, 15 QB's had a completion % of less than 55. Of those, 8 were less than 50%. This is in one game, by the way, not a season long cumilative.

In each of the two weeks since makinig the changes, 13 QBs completed 55% or less. It broke down like this:

First week
Less than 55%= 4
Less than 50%=4
Less than 45%=5 ( including Peyton who completed just 29%)

Second Week
Less than 55%=6
Less than 50%=4
Less than 45%=3 [including Rodger (wtf), and A Dalton (understandable)]

So, there seems to be some improvement, but it also seems completely random. Some guys completed above 60% on week only to drop under 50% the next.

If I get time I'll try and be a little more scientific. I'll do more slider tweaks and take some notes to see if they specifically are corellated to better results, ie: if the QB for a team who's aggression was dropped performs better and if he performs even better versus teams that have the defensive slider set more against the run.

In the meantime, if anyone else wants to experiment and post the results, I'm sure anyone trying to get a 'chise started before waiting a month for a patch would be appreciative.

haloofduty 09-09-2011 09:09 PM

I lowered all 32 teams passing aggressiveness to 0 and there is no change. I maxed out the QB accuracy slider to 100 and I still got the same results. I maxed out Peyton, Brees, Rivers and Brady pass ratings to all 99s with the accuracy slider maxed out to 100. They still passed for 59%, 59%, 58% and 57%. I did all this together and still no change on completion%

I simmed up to 5 seasons and the high 50s is the norm for the great QBs. You get 60% here and there but the high 50s are consistent year after year. This has to be patched. I don't think it will be patched because it seems most don't care. I thought franchise people would be super pissed.

fringeelement 09-09-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haloofduty (Post 2042834018)
I lowered all 32 teams passing aggressiveness to 0 and there is no change. I maxed out the QB accuracy slider to 100 and I still got the same results. I maxed out Peyton, Brees, Rivers and Brady pass ratings to all 99s with the accuracy slider maxed out to 100. They still passed for 59%, 59%, 58% and 57%. I did all this together and still no change on completion%

I simmed up to 5 seasons and the high 50s is the norm for the great QBs. You get 60% here and there but the high 50s are consistent year after year. This has to be patched. I don't think it will be patched because it seems most don't care. I thought franchise people would be super pissed.

Well, thanks for saving me some time. One of the reasons I started the thread was to make big enough of a stink about it that it gets fixed. It should probably be fixable through the tuners, let alone a patch. As far as I'm concerned it's damn near a game-killer.

robert429 09-09-2011 10:20 PM

I agree this is a very noticeable problem, and needs to be patched.