Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How do I stop my friend (/forums/showthread.php?t=509218)

bearsfootball516 09-10-2011 08:37 AM

How do I stop my friend

He'll play as the Colts, go into shotgun with Peyton, sprint to one side of the field and all of his recievers follow, then gun it to a wide open reciever. If I bring outside pressure, then he just takes the snap and immediatly guns it to an open reciever.

hampshire2012 09-10-2011 08:49 AM

Re: How do I stop my friend

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfootball516 (Post 2042835718)
He'll play as the Colts, go into shotgun with Peyton, sprint to one side of the field and all of his recievers follow, then gun it to a wide open reciever. If I bring outside pressure, then he just takes the snap and immediatly guns it to an open reciever.

Match his personnel (3 WR = nickle, 4WR = dime).

Blitz both your safeties to the side he normally rolls to + 4 other plays, and play man to man coverage with the remaining 5 players to prevent quick passes.

mjhyankees 09-10-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfootball516 (Post 2042835718)

Every week the other NFL teams also fret about how to stop Peyton Manning. Now the first thing I ask is what level are you playing on. Because if it's anything lower than all madden...there's not much you can do. You'll get some strategy ideas that will work here or there but basically on all pro or lower it's really easy to cheese. Especially with a good QB.

My best strategy to stop roll outs is to blitz the OLB to the outside or a corner. You'll also need to be in bump and run man coverage...maybe with a safety or two deep as back up. This way he can't gun it quick...and if he waits hopefully the blitzer will get him. In madden I find that unless you have a really fast backer...the cB is a better blitzer. I usually try to blitz with a guy with 90's speed. That often solves the problem.

illiniyak 09-10-2011 09:18 AM

Make him put in Kerry Collins....PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Broncos86 09-10-2011 09:49 AM

Press those WRs.

rightchoice 09-10-2011 08:01 PM

if he is using peyton i would say use something with 3 down linemen and a bunch of zone show blitz do it with a play thats a variation of a cover 3 that way u can get him to think blitz and maybe he will rush a throw and then start mixing in a blitz or 2 if he is rolling out of the pocket all the time maybe do a qb containbut i would say to match ur corners with how ever many wr he has on the field also

kwabalicious 09-10-2011 08:24 PM

Try audibling your DE's / OLBs to contain rather than rush the QB.

Segagendude 09-10-2011 09:35 PM

Unfriend him.