Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   NCAA for me? (/forums/showthread.php?t=509284)

slthree 09-10-2011 12:45 PM

NCAA for me?

College Football is giving me the bug for, well,... college football.

I like Madden a lot, better than previous versions. It's a keeper and I'll play a lot of it.

Can some of you guys compare NCAA for me? The impression thread is just too much bickering for me.

I just want a general feel for how realistically the game plays and if it gets boring quickly.

I play offline v cpu.

scoonie05 09-10-2011 12:53 PM

Re: NCAA for me?

May I ask why??

slthree 09-10-2011 12:57 PM

I want to play college football but since I don't rent games I want to see if the consensus is good or not before I buy it.

CigarCityBandit 09-10-2011 01:06 PM

Well I play offline vs cpu too. Other than the collision system, I think last years was more fun. This season the Pass trajectory IMO has been flattened on one end and Expanded exponentially on the other so its difficult to throw a medium range pass with normal, realistic trajectory... usually the lb over the middle jumps up and snags it out of the air. Think what you see in Madden over the middle TIMES 10. It changes the gameplay to a fault. Most people say tweak the LBs I say its pass trajectory. Last year when you threw a ball there was a greater range of lob ability, now its much harder to find that sweet spot and even throwing to the outside will get you burned bc the ball flattens out. Understand I can throw the ball, the game has made me refine my passing game, I now use different routes than I used to etc. However its an ILLUSION of realism. The over the middle thing/flatter ball situation is just covering up for some other AI problem.
The game is beautiful on the field though. Stadiums I thought looked more photo like last year than this year though. Its a tradeoff really. Its a good game but Im trading mine in for NHL.
I think Madden is better this year as a whole. Last season I said as a total package I thought NCAA was better even though I played alot of Madden. This season I say the opposite.
Back to the collisions...better than last year but dont let people fool you there STILL are suction issues here and there just like Madden, it is better though. You will see some very good looking tackling etc. The lighting is very well done also which makes on field stuff look pretty.
There has just been a new update to the game and it changes some things. You can go read about it in either this OS forum or the EA forums to get exactly what the changes were.
For some reason I think 11 was more fun (same challenge to me as far as difficulty on the same settings). Not saying 11 was more realistic bc many people have documented the exploit plays etc. I just say the game was more fun, I dont exploit the cpu anyway so MOST if not ALL of those AI flaws didnt really give me an advantage over the cpu. I am average vs the cpu on All AMerican difficulty on both this seasons game and last.
Either way both 11 and 12 are both fun. I just enjoyed 11 more. There are times when I play 12 that the AI seems cheap, in other words things that happen to me feel cheap...like I was hosed by the computer and not due to my own lack of skill. This is what people describe with Madden as having "cut some corners" well that is what I feel playing 12. I almost never felt that way playing 11. But that is me. I play a few times a week for only a couple hours late at night. I have a wife/kids/life outside of gaming.
Hope this helps-you really can t go wrong with either one as far as Im concerned but Im sure I will be attacked relentlessly for saying such things.

SteboSSK 09-10-2011 02:02 PM

Madden gameplay is always superior to NCAA especially the passing. Passing in NCAA is hit or miss. You can have a perfectly ran route and the CPU will throw the ball in the most ridiculous spot especially on post routes. I dont run post routes at all on NCAA. Running is the best part of NCAA but can be very easy at times even on the highest difficulty. Dynasty mode in NCAA is pretty good and offers the ability to edit everything about a player. Franchise has a few issues that need addressing in Madden. I usually buy both together for the NCAA imports into Madden to keep a realistic effect atleast for 4 years (cant really play anymore after that anyway). With all that said, its hard to gauge whether you will like NCAA just b/c of Madden. I say you need to rent it first. Gameplay: Madden wins, Season Modes: NCAA wins...

RGmoney 09-10-2011 02:04 PM

No comparison threads. You have questions about NCAA, take it to the NCAA forum.

Closed