Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Has this happened to anyone? (/forums/showthread.php?t=509466)

celticboy25 09-11-2011 01:04 AM

Has this happened to anyone?

i am playing an offline 1 team franchise with the Titans. i have everything set to user control regarding my roster. while playing my week 4 game, my FS Griffin suffers a broken collarbone and is out for 6 weeks. My backup FS was injured during the preseason but not placed on IR.
while i was playing my week 6 game (week 5 bye), i noticed darren sharper come into the game as a sub for my team. i wondered how this happened since he's not on my team. i backed out of the game and look at the transaction list for my team and, sure enough, the CPU signed him in week 4. in all, 6 players were cut and 6 new FA's signed.
anybody else experience this?

football5680 09-11-2011 01:50 AM

Re: Has this happened to anyone?

I havent noticed that this year but I havent been going super deep in my franchise mode yet.

The last couple versions of madden used to piss me off when they did that. I would play 1 or 2 seasons and I would so my player resigning. Usually I like to get my team young early if the team isn't good. Every couple of season the CPU would randomly turn everything over to CPU control. I might be trying to get rid of an older player who is still a good player but I wouldn't want him because he doesn't work into the future of my team. I would sign the guys I wanted then simulate to the next step. The CPU would sign a player I wanted to get rid of to a huge contract and this destroyed my franchise.