Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Are You Seeing This?!?! (/forums/showthread.php?t=509678)

xJayman3 09-12-2011 12:41 AM

Are You Seeing This?!?!

Im seeing my Star players on special teams and its pissing me off! on kickoff there running down to make tackles, & in franchies mode i dont want them getting hurt off of a play on speacials teams that they werent even post to be in, or once in a while i'll catch them on defence & Im playing with the lions and I see Calvin Johnson, playing coner. if not calvin its the second WR. whats going on?

havokeff 09-12-2011 12:44 AM

Re: Are You Seeing This?!?!

It's been an issue for years. It's a problem with the depth chart that they hopefully will get to next year.
Not really a game breaker as there are some workarounds for it, but yeah, watching Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis flying down on kickoff coverage can be a little nerve racking.

azdawgpound 09-12-2011 03:28 AM

it would probley get fixed if they added the practice squad members to the rosters with only so many players aloud for spots.

Ricanlegend 09-12-2011 03:50 AM

I remember back in the ps 2 days there was depth chart where you picked what players was going to be in kick off, kick return, punt coverage punt return heck you could even pick who was on your hand team in case of on onside kick

MaddenFanPS3 09-12-2011 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricanlegend (Post 2042844661)
I remember back in the ps 2 days there was depth chart where you picked what players was going to be in kick off, kick return, punt coverage punt return heck you could even pick who was on your hand team in case of on onside kick

Yea, franchise was so much deeper 9 years ago. I used to love boosting m players in mini-camp, was also cool having the Tony Bruno radio show in the background talking about the latest happenings in my franchise. I took a long hiatus from Madden and when I bought Madden 11 last year I was shocked at how primitive it was compared to the way it used to be. I thought video games were supposed to take steps forward, not backwards.

Oh well, I still think Madden is the most fun game on the market. I just wish they would improve the franchise to be at least as deep as it was back then.

Cre8 09-12-2011 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricanlegend (Post 2042844661)

I remember not getting the correct tackle stats in Madden 2005 and then moved my main LBs to the kick team to get the tackles.

To each his own!

indcolts18288 09-12-2011 06:32 AM

It's irritating for sure. My main problem is seeing like Desean Jackson as a DB. Thankfully this is something I've only noticed in preseason.

Ueauvan 09-12-2011 11:22 AM

nfl hc 06 you could sub all formations inc all special teams, i loved that