Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   transitional running animations need in next patch (/forums/showthread.php?t=509821)

blackbird23 09-12-2011 05:49 PM

transitional running animations need in next patch

the running animations are terrible they should like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QUF7fnB1oE

take note of the foot planting in the change of direction, having too speed up again out of cuts and his back straightens out and when he's at full speed going in a straight line. all of this is not present in madden 12 hopefully it will fixed in the next patch also this should be fixed for player who don't have the ball. i recommend that you motion capture a actual person running and changing direction.

AmericasTeam 09-12-2011 05:55 PM

Re: transitional running animations need in next patch

While I agree with you, there is no way this is going to be fixed in a patch. I honestly don't see it happening until next gen. Hopefully, we will have a new engine and this will be one of the things that it is built around. Hopefully.........

youALREADYknow 09-12-2011 06:07 PM

New mo-cap and animations aren't going to be addressed in a patch. Like the poster above said, you're most likely going to have to wait a few years at least given the incremental progress the team has made this generation of consoles.

TreFacTor 09-12-2011 09:36 PM

Maybe next year or the year after that or the year after that...

bc3po 09-12-2011 10:54 PM

I know i'm going out on a huge limb here haha, but with the next gen consoles, I really think madden's gonna put it all together. With so much stuff happening in the game of football, there just can't be enough space and memory to put it all in this gen

TreFacTor 09-12-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bc3po (Post 2042848210)
I know i'm going out on a huge limb here haha, but with the next gen consoles, I really think madden's gonna put it all together. With so much stuff happening in the game of football, there just can't be enough space and memory to put it all in this gen

That would make perfect sense if last gen madden wasn't better in almost every category that fails on this gen. The exclusive license has made EA able to nickle and dime fans of the series in both improvements and innovation. By the current 3 year plan business model, I would guess that madden will be its best by 2018 (just an estimate).