Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Scouting corners? Method to the madness? (/forums/showthread.php?t=509842)

Bat 09-12-2011 06:58 PM

Scouting corners? Method to the madness?

I really like the franchise mode. But scouting Cb's is just pointless. Unless you spend one of your 5 personal workouts. Then you just have to guess who to workout.

Am I missing something here? I will scout the same corners in every stage, and still be clueless to if they are any good.

My draft i scouted, came to the personal workouts.. no clue. Picked 4 corners and all were low 60's.

On the other hand OL is almost too easy.

Kegthaplaya 09-12-2011 07:03 PM

Re: Scouting corners? Method to the madness?

Oline, RB, and QB are way too easy.

WR, TE, LB are challenging/hard.

Dline, CB, S are nearly impossible.

K, P, and FB are a complete and total waste of chances to find good players at other positions that actually matter.

Aolian_Am 09-12-2011 08:08 PM

i picked up a 83 A cb in the 3 round of my 1st draft, he was one of my personal interviews though. + he has shutdown corner, not feeling so bad that he was my only good pick in the draft after reading this post.

i really like the draft this year. it was way to easy to pick good people just by looking at there stat graph.

raguel 09-12-2011 08:46 PM

I don't know if this will work in the long run, but basically you'll notice that in the different scouting sections, players will have +/- attributes. As a general rule I'll pursue the "+" players, forget the "-" and put a question mark on the neutrals. I did sign one minus guy, and he turned out to be a B potential. I suppose it's possible for a plus player to be B or less, but IMO guys with better position attributes perform better anyway, regardless of potential.

vstro 09-12-2011 09:23 PM

Yeah DB's seem to be the hardest for me to scout. As far as the whole + and - thing, you have to look at the actual attributes. It will give a guy a - and another guy a + sometimes even if their only a few points off in that attribute.

arsalazar75 09-12-2011 10:31 PM

Cb's r easy for me. I jus look at their spectacular catch. Its workef for me.