Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Flats and PA (/forums/showthread.php?t=509942)

EJQJ99 09-12-2011 11:32 PM

Flats and PA

Has anyone had success throwing to the flats? When I run PA after4 or 5 successful running plays i either get sacked or none of the secondary even bit on it. Also when going to fthe flats with forte he is always tackled immediately. Any Tips?

Beeks 09-12-2011 11:47 PM

Re: Flats and PA

My only tip for you regarding play action is to not use it because it doesn't work. I have tried using it in almost every imaginable realistic scenario, and it is a disaster every time. It doesn't fool anyone except, apparently, your own offensive linemen. Ridiculous.

scoonie05 09-12-2011 11:49 PM

Look at your QB playaction rating. If it's low then obviously it's not gonna work.

Ricanlegend 09-12-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeks (Post 2042848526)
My only tip for you regarding play action is to not use it because it doesn't work. I have tried using it in almost every imaginable realistic scenario, and it is a disaster every time. It doesn't fool anyone except, apparently, your own offensive linemen. Ridiculous.

LMAO step your game up, It all about picking up the blitz if you Doing a playaction make sure you got ENOUGH PEOPLE BLOCKING

Bat 09-12-2011 11:54 PM

I hear ya on both accounts. Playaction has never worked and needs to be reworked badly.

They seemed to have neutered the passes in the flat. I find more success when the rb goes more diagonal in the flat than wide.

Atleast the draw plays work pretty well now.

Beeks 09-13-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricanlegend (Post 2042848557)
LMAO step your game up, It all about picking up the blitz if you Doing a playaction make sure you got ENOUGH PEOPLE BLOCKING

You do know the POINT of play action, right? It's to make a defender take a wrong step, over commit, or pursue the wrong guy.

This does not happen in Madden. It has nothing to do with my 'game'. It has everything to do with the fact that none of the intended goals of play action WORK. Of course I can add blockers, but that's not the POINT of play action. When I run a PA play without making block assignment changes, I should still be able to tell it's play action. But I can't. The only way I can tell is that there is a linebacker riding my QB like a rented mule the second I snap the ball.

Out of the box, PA doesn't work.

Maxil 09-13-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeks (Post 2042848605)
You do know the POINT of play action, right? It's to make a defender take a wrong step, over commit, or pursue the wrong guy.

This does not happen in Madden. It has nothing to do with my 'game'. It has everything to do with the fact that none of the intended goals of play action WORK. Of course I can add blockers, but that's not the POINT of play action. When I run a PA play without making block assignment changes, I should still be able to tell it's play action. But I can't. The only way I can tell is that there is a linebacker riding my QB like a rented mule the second I snap the ball.

Out of the box, PA doesn't work.

Works fine for me, yah. As the chiefs with charles, my pass game is centered around it, and I go down very few times anyway, fewer from using PA, as I often see my HB get slammed to the ground as they do bite on it.

03MstGT290 09-13-2011 01:13 AM

Even with the Bengals, I'm not having problems with Play Action plays.

It works great!