Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Coaching Progression not fixed (/forums/showthread.php?t=509949)

ZekeRoberts 09-13-2011 12:15 AM

Coaching Progression not fixed

credit to JalenTigh for posting this in the impressions thread... and if this thread gets closed then whatever, but i thought i would try to put it here if there are others like myself who were very eager to start a new dynasty with fixed coaching progression...

basically (at least on 360) it's not... i suppose this could be a very subjective issue but i don't think many people would want to start a dynasty with only 5 A+ coaches and end up with more than 40 A+s after one season... unless you know something i don't about the Ball State HC, he jumped to an A+ after a 10-3 season

i, like many of you, have tried to be very tolerant of all the frustrations that this game has brought, but when they specifically say they will fix a specific issue and they don't, .....ahhhh whatcha gonna do... oh well

i will halfheartedly try to keep a discussion going on this by asking how difficult you think it might be to run a coaching progression / carousel [sigh] manually through any sort of edits at the end of each season

Prop_Joe 09-13-2011 02:00 AM

Re: Coaching Progression not fixed

Well, that sucks...
Did they at least tone down player progression so that the effect of so many highly-rated coaches isn't as bad as it was pre-patch? Can you tell?

K0ZZ 09-13-2011 02:03 AM

Is that with the tuner installed?

The patch only fixed hiring logic, the tuner fixed progression.

JalenTigh 09-13-2011 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagopax (Post 2042849043)
Is that with the tuner installed?

The patch only fixed hiring logic, the tuner fixed progression.

Yes, with the tuner. I spent several hours the other day re rating every coach thinking it was fixed (I was using a roster set that had dropped initial coaching ratings all the way down to deal with the progression issue prior to the patch and tuner).

I only made 4 HC's coaches "A".... and about 10-15 B+ coaches. The majority of HC's were C or C+ in BCS conferences and D+ in the smaller conferences. I made no "A" coordinators, and only a few "B" ones... most were "C" or "D".

In one season, 37 coaches had jumped to A+, including several coaches from the smaller conferences which had low initial ratings.

Herky 09-13-2011 10:47 AM

Great. Get to put off my dynasty even longer now.

ucas005 09-13-2011 11:40 AM

Ridiculous!!! Spent the last couple days finalizing rosters and sliders and was somewhat excited (far less excited then years past) to FINALLY jump into a dynasty and yet another broken promise and another issue with this game. This may be the biggest disaster of a sports game that I can ever remember.

:signball:

CurryStorm 09-13-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herky (Post 2042849763)
Great. Get to put off my dynasty even longer now.

I hate to tell you but I think "it is what it is" now. I seriously doubt they're going to "fix" anything else with the game aside from maybe a tuner to fix the no-huddle glitch and the transfer error glitch for OD (they BETTER fix this and soon).

tonybologna 09-13-2011 12:50 PM

I think we can call this game a FAIL! 2 patches still haven't fixed things. A 3rd one is not likely because EA Sports will have to fork out the mula! What a disappointing game after all the hype!