Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   So...Import PES? (/forums/showthread.php?t=510150)

Bahnzo 09-13-2011 07:36 PM

So...Import PES?

First question, how many (if any) are planning to import the game from the UK?

Second, where is the best place to import? I've read in the past it's Play.com, but I went there and they have no way to create an account if you live outside the EU.

Benefits of importing: you get the best option files. Hands down the best OF's are for the UK version

Drawbacks: online. If you import a UK version, you are stuck playing on an overseas server.

LingeringRegime 09-13-2011 07:39 PM

Re: So...Import PES?

I will wait. I play a lot online though.

RoyceDa59 09-13-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahnzo (Post 2042851802)
First question, how many (if any) are planning to import the game from the UK?

Second, where is the best place to import? I've read in the past it's Play.com, but I went there and they have no way to create an account if you live outside the EU.

Benefits of importing: you get the best option files. Hands down the best OF's are for the UK version

Drawbacks: online. If you import a UK version, you are stuck playing on an overseas server.

I am thinking about getting for PS3 oversees but it is tough. I might just settle for the PC. Import is the best thing to do though, you just have to evaluate what is more important for you, online or the single player experience.

PeruvianPlaya954 09-14-2011 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyceDa59 (Post 2042851863)
I am thinking about getting for PS3 oversees but it is tough. I might just settle for the PC. Import is the best thing to do though, you just have to evaluate what is more important for you, online or the single player experience.

Never knew about this option. I'm more of an online gamer, and have no intention of getting an oversees PS3, but how will that affect me in terms of OFs? Will I still be able to get all real names, jerseys and club names along with possibly an MLS league and Bundesliga league (assuming they are made)?

Bahnzo 09-14-2011 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954 (Post 2042853333)
Never knew about this option. I'm more of an online gamer, and have no intention of getting an oversees PS3, but how will that affect me in terms of OFs? Will I still be able to get all real names, jerseys and club names along with possibly an MLS league and Bundesliga league (assuming they are made)?

There is no such thing as an overseas PS3. But, there are different sku's of games, PES being one. Only option files made for that game's sku can be used with PES. Since most of the better OF's are made with the EU sku, they can only be used on those games. And chances are, there won't be an MLS OF made with an EU sku.

PeruvianPlaya954 09-14-2011 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahnzo (Post 2042853387)
There is no such thing as an overseas PS3. But, there are different sku's of games, PES being one. Only option files made for that game's sku can be used with PES. Since most of the better OF's are made with the EU sku, they can only be used on those games. And chances are, there won't be an MLS OF made with an EU sku.

So if one is made, it would be from an American SKU?

Bahnzo 09-14-2011 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954 (Post 2042853467)
So if one is made, it would be from an American SKU?

It all depends on who makes it, and what copy of the game they have. It would be my guess that it would be an American with a NA copy of the game who would make an MLS OF.

Randiesel75 09-14-2011 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahnzo (Post 2042853614)
It all depends on who makes it, and what copy of the game they have. It would be my guess that it would be an American with a NA copy of the game who would make an MLS OF.

I tend to agree, highly doubt a UK sku will be used for MLS OFs.