Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Taylor Mays (/forums/showthread.php?t=510364)

Cre8 09-14-2011 12:09 PM

Taylor Mays

I am considering moving Mays to OLB. I know a lot of people are like THATS CHEDDDARRRR!

But come on...

The guy is 6'3" 230 lbs. He is known as a big hitter more than as a cover guy.

If that isn't a sweet OLB, I don't know what is.

Shards 09-14-2011 12:14 PM

Re: Taylor Mays

Rumors were that the bears tried to work a trade for him and move him to LB. His ratings are a bit crazy in madden so he is a user controlled monster. I would say it is quite reasonable to put a 230lb safety to linebacker. Urlacher was a similar player coming out of college but did not run the crazy 40

Cre8 09-14-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shards (Post 2042854587)
Rumors were that the bears tried to work a trade for him and move him to LB. His ratings are a bit crazy in madden so he is a user controlled monster. I would say it is quite reasonable to put a 230lb safety to linebacker. Urlacher was a similar player coming out of college but did not run the crazy 40

This was the concern I figured people would have.

I thought about it and the ONLY thing I can consider is taking his SPD down a couple points, but it does him a disservice.

I am beginning to think more and more that this makes a lot of sense (just moving him to OLB).

cursive 09-14-2011 02:07 PM

There are a ton of Safties from College that convert to LB in the Pro's. Since I'm a Raider fan the last was Darnell Bing of USC, played for us at OLB and the Lions.

youALREADYknow 09-14-2011 02:21 PM

I'm sure he would have been a linebacker at USC if they didn't have such dominant ones already on the roster.

NFCastle 09-14-2011 02:23 PM

I dont see anything wrong with doing this.

if he has the skill set to play the position why not try it?

infemous 09-14-2011 03:45 PM

Just obliterate his agility, acceleration and zone ratings to reflect his actual skillset, and then it should be fine.

I mean, dude has mad stiff hips, lacks that first step (but elite top end speed) and due to stiff hips and lack of spacial awareness he blows in zone.

This will make him the run and hit type player he actually is, instead of the infallible madden beast that he currently is.

Make agility around 78, acceleration about 80 and zone to like 65.

That's how I'd rate him anyway...

Cre8 09-14-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infemous (Post 2042855539)
Just obliterate his agility, acceleration and zone ratings to reflect his actual skillset, and then it should be fine.

I mean, dude has mad stiff hips, lacks that first step (but elite top end speed) and due to stiff hips and lack of spacial awareness he blows in zone.

This will make him the run and hit type player he actually is, instead of the infallible madden beast that he currently is.

Make agility around 78, acceleration about 80 and zone to like 65.

That's how I'd rate him anyway...

I had considered the ACC and coverage.