Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Benefits of Tying Acceleration and Agility Ratings to the Awarenes Ratings (/forums/showthread.php?t=510390)

kzdwfy 09-14-2011 02:09 PM

The Benefits of Tying Acceleration and Agility Ratings to the Awarenes Ratings

Through that fake article in an earlier thread where they said they talk to an EA dev, the EA dev said to make speed not be the most important attribute, we must tie the acceleration rating to teh awareness rating. It made sense to me because some of the fastest players in the NFL are not even close to being some of the best while slower players (Ray Lewis etc.) are quicker to the ball or an experienced running back can find the hole quicker because of there awareness of what is happenning during the game. This awareness always makes it looks like they are playing faster even if they dont necesarily have the fastest speed in the NFL.

On to Madden, now for those players with a spd of 93 wont be as important if there awareness rating is low. So what i did is tie the agility and acceleration rating to the awareness rating. For example, if the awareness is 55 and speed is 95, then the agility and acceleration rating is 55 showing his inexperience but he still keeps his straight line speed.

I made these adjustments for the Bills and the Bears and what happened was pretty amazing. Usually playing a home game on All-Pro default with no changes to ACC or AGI ratings, when playing against even the steelers with the Browns or bears, I could break a long run with even Peyton Hillis and my rush numbers would always be at 21 rushes for 200 yds or something extreme like that. This was primarily due to the high agility (ability to change directions) of all running backs. But this was not realistic; Peyton hillis should not be able to make cuts like a Barry Sanders lol.

I made adjustments to the AGI or ACC ratings (for example Forte AWR is I think at 81 so I adjusted his ACC and AGI to 82) and the running game change. I wasnt getting big runs all game, but I was getting nice 4 and 5 yard runs. The game overall looked a lot more accurate.

So I will update a little more as i keep testing

youALREADYknow 09-14-2011 02:17 PM

Re: The Benefits of Tying Acceleration and Agility Ratings to the Awarenes Ratings

Logic fail. Peyton Hillis should have his AGI lowered because he's not agile, NOT because of any correlation to his "Awareness".

The only thing that you have proven is that ratings need to be stretched much further than the standard 75-99 range for physical ratings such as SPD, AGI, and ACC in order to truly perceive differences between player movement.

TreFacTor 09-14-2011 02:53 PM

Re: The Benefits of Tying Acceleration and Agility Ratings to the Awarenes Ratings

Ohh boy... not this again. To the OP... you seem to think that tying awareness to speed will stop fast players in madden from performing like the elite. This is where your logic lapses. I'm not the fastest person but I react much faster to danger...falling objects... I'm just slightly more alert. This only means that I make a decisions faster than others not that I'm moving faster. Reaction time could be more suited to awareness more than speed being tied to it. If the other player ratings really had any bearing on player performance, there would not be a need to try and even the playing field. Besides the speed threshold setting in the game already does what that article suggests, thus d-lineman being able to run down tight ends or line backers being able to run stride for stride with receivers.

This idea from this fake article is just mind numbingly dumb.