Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Match fixing in Madden! (/forums/showthread.php?t=510610)

Zenrer 09-15-2011 08:51 AM

Match fixing in Madden!

I swear, the CPU plans out the game before it is played. I played a game with the Eagles against the Falcons, first drive Jones breaks off for a huge TD. No scoring for the next 3 and most of the 4th quarter, except for 1 FG to the Falcons, and then all of a sudden the game is wide open. I kick a FG, they get the ball, and do the same. Sitting at 13-3, I'm raging at the fact Vick can't throw a ball to save his life, when all of a sudden Maclin is pelting down the side and Vick throws a huge hail mary and hits him in his stride. First touch for Maclin, huge 78 yard TD. Game is now 10-13, and I can sniff a victory. I squib the kick so they don't pull some cheese return, and I sprint at the guy who picked up the ball and he fumbles it. I thought, you ripper, I might actually win. Mind you, there is only 40 seconds left on the clock. I take 2 throws, both miss and its 3rd and 10. Big play coming up. Ball snapped, nobody to throw to, so I decide to semi-bomb it to Steve Smith in the goal area. He jumps about 20 feet into the air and takes a huge catch, I am now up 17-13. I squib the ball again to avoid a cheese return, and somehow bloody recover the thing without the Falcons touching it. How does a game go from 1 score in all but the last 2 minutes of a game, and in those last 2, I score, I force a fumble on a squib, score AND then recover another squib. I swear the game is trying to give me a heart attack.

TMJOHNS18 09-15-2011 10:11 AM

Re: Match fixing in Madden!

It's football?