Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   College Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   2011-12 ACC Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=511368)

ProfessaPackMan 09-18-2011 12:14 PM

2011-12 ACC Thread

You will all Fear the Turtle this year and the Terps will reign supreme this year in the ACC.

/sarcasm

Not expecting much from UMD this year but from what I heard, Mark Turgeon SEEMS to have them going in the right direction. But then again, it's easy to say that now when no games have been played. :splat:

vtcrb 09-18-2011 12:53 PM

Re: 2011-12 ACC Thread

My Predictions

UNC
Duke
Georgia Tech
Maryland
Miami
Virginia
Wake Forest
Maryland
Clemson
Virginia Tech
Florida St
NC State

TheBrothers24 09-19-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan (Post 2042871990)
You will all Fear the Turtle this year and the Terps will reign supreme this year in the ACC.

/sarcasm

Not expecting much from UMD this year but from what I heard, Mark Turgeon SEEMS to have them going in the right direction. But then again, it's easy to say that now when no games have been played. :splat:

Man, I tell my boy who is a Terps fan that if Turgeon can keep the recruits in state then yall could be an elite program. It's crazy the amount of talent Gary Williams couldn't keep in state. A lot of NBA talent came out of MD but chose other schools instead(Melo,Gay,Durant,Smith).

CM Hooe 09-19-2011 05:44 PM

My goal for Virginia this year is to finally make it back into the NCAA Tournament. With Mike Scott coming back due to a medical redshirt and a fair amount of talent and experience, combined with the uncertainty of the league beyond Carolina and Duke, I don't see any reason why this can't be met, barring a rash of injuries.

Marino 09-19-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtcrb (Post 2042872116)
My Predictions

UNC
Duke
Georgia Tech
Maryland
Miami
Virginia
Wake Forest
Maryland
Clemson
Virginia Tech
Florida St
NC State

Shows me you obviously don't know what you are talking about. Really made me laugh.

This is UNCs league this year, then Duke, GT is the worse team in the conference and it isn't close. NCSU, FSU and Clemson are middle of the pack. UMD and WF will be awful.

BunnyHardaway 09-19-2011 08:37 PM

Kinda like last year...pretty much UNC/Duke's league with a dropoff after them. I'm thinking:

1. UNC
2. Duke
3. Florida State
4. Miami (if all their players remain eligible)
5. NC State
6. Clemson

vtcrb 09-20-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marino (Post 2042877776)
Shows me you obviously don't know what you are talking about. Really made me laugh.

This is UNCs league this year, then Duke, GT is the worse team in the conference and it isn't close. NCSU, FSU and Clemson are middle of the pack. UMD and WF will be awful.

After UNC and Duke their is just a bunch of teams battling. Obviously you dont watch much if you think Maryland and Wake Forest will be awful, they have much more Talent than FSU or Clemson. FSU lost Singleton and Kitchen their 2 best players, as did Clemson with Stitt and Grant. NC State would have been interesting if Harrow hadnt transferred. GT I picked as a surprise 3rd just messing around, Rice Jr is solid, and 2 newcomers Brandon Reed and Julian Royal may surprise. I picked my VT Hokies alot lower than I think they will finish but didnt want to jinx them. Green will hopefully lead their stellar Freshmen class to a high ACC finish. Maryland with Stoglin, Mosley, Faust andHoward will be tough if someone steps up in the post. Wake Forest will surprise with McKie, Harris, Terrell and Desrosiers.

ProfessaPackMan 09-20-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBrothers24 (Post 2042877573)
Man, I tell my boy who is a Terps fan that if Turgeon can keep the recruits in state then yall could be an elite program. It's crazy the amount of talent Gary Williams couldn't keep in state. A lot of NBA talent came out of MD but chose other schools instead(Melo,Gay,Durant,Smith).

Two words: Delonte Hill

Just gotta get some size in there and replacing Jordan Williams isn't gonna be easy but I think his production can be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marino (Post 2042877776)

Might need to take a look in the mirror, buddy.