Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FIFA Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   PC FIFA 12 Already Available Through Origin? (/forums/showthread.php?t=512489)

CarryTheWeight 09-23-2011 01:51 PM

PC FIFA 12 Already Available Through Origin?

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently "preloading" is a locked version of the game that unlocks on release day. First time ordering through Origin (or preordering from any online client) so that's why I was confused. Oh, well. At least I'm able to play the PS3 Season Ticket version...

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I preordered the PC version of FIFA 12 through EA's Origin service a few days ago and received an e-mail this afternoon saying that my version is "available for preload" immediately when I log into the Origin client.

Is this somehow along the lines of the Season Ticket version (which I am awaiting on PS3) that locks up after three days or is the full PC version out early as a gift to "preorderers"? \

If there are any FIFA 12 PC purchasers out there, please let me know. I'm currently at work and would be happy to find two (well, 1.5) full versions of the game there when I get in!

BrianFifaFan 09-24-2011 04:51 PM

Re: PC FIFA 12 Already Available Through Origin?

Just got a very belated birthday gift from EA, 2 months belated. It was a 25% off coupon for any Origin game. Guess what I'm ordering?! $29.99 direct download. Hope to be playing this on Tuesday.

Update: Ordered! $32.05 w/tax, come on Tuesday!

Bat 09-25-2011 09:17 PM

Having it preloaded is nice, but man what a tease! If it is available and on my PC. Screw release dates I should be able to play it.

Since they don't offer that EA ticket program on PC, it should be released on it's own terms.

BrianFifaFan 09-26-2011 03:05 PM

Just got home from work, and it's up on Origin. Downloading now.

Sent from laptop because PC is downloading Fifa!

Bat 09-26-2011 04:23 PM

Still not able to play on origin. It is available to preload.

BrianFifaFan 09-26-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bat (Post 2042905682)
Still not able to play on origin. It is available to preload.

Mine's at 88% right now. I hope that it runs after it loads. I had two icons on "my games." It said available. We'll see in about 10 minutes, or so. I know one thing, this is one of the longest downloads I've ever had. It's a big file, though.

BrianFifaFan 09-26-2011 04:35 PM

okay, I guess I'm pre-loading it, too. I've never done download games before, so I didn't know "available" meant to pre-load. I agree with you, it's a real tease.... Oh well, it'll be available tomorrow morning. I'm taking off work at 10AM for the doctor. I'll be playing be noon!

BrianFifaFan 09-26-2011 04:40 PM

Fifa 12- Ready to play! Woo-Hoo!

I'm now mad! Release date checker, blah blah! I can play it at 3:00 AM. Me and Origin are not friends anymore! ;)