Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Worst Commentary ina game ever! (/forums/showthread.php?t=513048)

niftyjets 09-26-2011 09:54 AM

Worst Commentary ina game ever!

Madden 12 has by far the worst commentary in a game ever! it is killing the game for me. Yesterday I was returning a kick and Gus Johnson said I was going for a pic. Huh? They speak in incomplete sentences. Yesterday he said here comes Mark Sanchez who was and then stopped? huh?

EA your games are getting worse and worse each year. Please try and copy what SCEA does with the The Show franchise. It is far superior in every way. I only wish they made a football game!

malky 09-26-2011 10:39 AM

Re: Worst Commentary ina game ever!

People are starting to come around to why this needs to be patched ASAP. Commentary is like background music in a movie IMO, it should def. be there, but it shouldn't ruin the experience, and that's what the commentary in this game does.

cusefan74 09-26-2011 03:55 PM

I agree the worst ever!!! I watched Gus Johnson on TV the other day and he was really bad in real life also. I don't know why they would use him in the game. I did read somewhere that one of EAs big things for next year was to fix the commentary.

merlin49ers 09-26-2011 04:10 PM

I think it truly is terrible, but it's really not fault of Gus or Collinsworth. They are splicing together pieces of commentary from different years. The volume changes, they say the wrong names, they make the wrong announcements on challenges. It's really just careless sloppy work. I read a comment that someone said it done intentionally just so they could announce something to fix for next. Well it's bad enough that it seems like a valid comment!

RumbleCard 09-26-2011 04:14 PM

It's bad. Real bad but not a game breaker as it doesn't affect the gameplay itself just the overall experience. They really need to do what 2k does and get these guys in the booth together at the same time to play off each other in real time. I agree with what was said above about the splicing of lines being the real issue.

mavfan21 09-26-2011 04:28 PM

You never played NFL Fever.

eeyor 09-26-2011 04:50 PM

worst is that some lines differ in volume and intensity, like they changed the studio in which the lines were recorded.

il blood il 09-26-2011 07:08 PM

something like this makes me so mad on how some guy has a job to make the commentary correct, and im sure SOMEONE had to hear the "final" copy of the commentary before they released it in the game...

how does madden devs miss this? and what M13 "new feature" will be correct commentary? its just a mess, its a shame that the game is awesome when i play it on mute...

i want the person whos responsible for the commentary to come out and explain himself on why its so bad, its sure laziness and he should be out of a job...is just terrible