Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   What if.... (/forums/showthread.php?t=513710)

syncity14 09-28-2011 11:18 PM

What if....

...2k made a few teams available via DLC, like the '01 Sixers, Lakers, and Raptors? From what I've seen in these forums and youtube, I'm more than happy with what we'll be able to do this year. I was just thinking about how the latest incarnation of Mortal Kombat did this with certain characters (ex. Freddy, Rain, Skarlet..etc). I'm sure it's just extremely wishful thinking on my end, but why not dream big. Any thoughts?

Vni 09-28-2011 11:20 PM

Re: What if....

Stop asking for DLC's, are you guys crazy.

syncity14 09-28-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vni (Post 2042916746)

Crazy, no. Thirsty, yes unfortunately. Being that I saw the DLC in reference to using legends online, I figured this was the only was. I've never purchased a any DLC before, but I'm just too excited more than anything. Pardon my eagerness...lol. Just a thought chief.

VDusen04 09-28-2011 11:27 PM

It would have been cool to have seen more unlockable teams but like you said, I'm still more than happy with the previously unforeseen amount of depth they added to the classic teams end of the deal. The cool thing about those Raptors and Lakers teams of the early 00's is that a lot of the players will already be included. For instance, if someone wanted to make a 2000 Raptors team, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Muggsy Bogues, Dell Curry, Kevin Willis, Charles Oakley, and Doug Christie are all already accounted for. Similarly, the 2000 Lakers would already have Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Robert Horry, John Salley, A.C. Green, Derek Fisher, and Ron Harper available.

Of course, making those teams would mean taking players off of other classic teams, but I trust it's going to work extremely well when people create entire classic seasons and upload them to 2KShare.

syncity14 09-28-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDusen04 (Post 2042916786)
It would have been cool to have seen more unlockable teams but like you said, I'm still more than happy with the previously unforeseen amount of depth they added to the classic teams end of the deal. The cool thing about those Raptors and Lakers teams of the early 00's is that a lot of the players will already be included. For instance, if someone wanted to make a 2000 Raptors team, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Muggsy Bogues, Dell Curry, Kevin Willis, Charles Oakley, and Doug Christie are all already accounted for. Similarly, the 2000 Lakers would already have Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Robert Horry, John Salley, A.C. Green, Derek Fisher, and Ron Harper available.

Of course, making those teams would mean taking players off of other classic teams, but I trust it's going to work extremely well when people create entire classic seasons and upload them to 2KShare.

Good point. I kinda mentioned the Lakers and Raps so that I didn't seem so Iverson biased...lol. Nevertheless, 5 more days

fatleg3 09-28-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vni (Post 2042916746)

THIS^^^^^
With the way everyone is being so willing and outspoken about paying for dlc, in a few years all the legends will have to be paid for.

syncity14 09-28-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatleg3 (Post 2042916830)
THIS^^^^^
With the way everyone is being so willing and outspoken about paying for dlc, in a few years all the legends will have to be paid for.

Indeed. Once again, just a thought. I'll look both ways before I cross the street next time.

Vni 09-28-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syncity14 (Post 2042916772)
Crazy, no. Thirsty, yes unfortunately. Being that I saw the DLC in reference to using legends online, I figured this was the only was. I've never purchased a any DLC before, but I'm just too excited more than anything. Pardon my eagerness...lol. Just a thought chief.

No don't worry. Problem with DLC's is that after a while you get less and less content in the dvd game and more and more DLC's and a game for 150$.