Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Arm Strength or Accuracy? (/forums/showthread.php?t=515098)

cgalligan 10-05-2011 05:21 AM

Arm Strength or Accuracy?

Which do you prefer?

I'm starting to lean towards Arm Strength... I've been using the Browns and the Chiefs in both of my Online Franchises, and McCoy and Cassel both have NOODLE Arms... Its really frustrating to see a guy come open, try to deliver the ball, and have it swatted down or picked because it took too long to get there...

Also, even with "accurate" QB's I find that when I try to "lead pass" I tend to miss guys by 10-15 yards...

Thoughts?

lisinas 10-05-2011 05:46 AM

Re: Arm Strength or Accuracy?

Accuracy for me by far
Of course online game is completely different from offline (What im playing) but offline there is no way i would use qb with bigger arm instead of accurate one .
I played one season with Cam Newton and that was enough for me , throwing picks left and right , cant hit anything deep though he has arm strenght for that , it was just terrible experience. You will gain lots of yardage and some unexpected touchdowns but you will throw a lot of picks and you will be frustrated most of the time .

TNT713 10-06-2011 02:39 PM

Accuracy...

A cannon that shoots everything but the target isn't any good... I'd prefer a player with a noodle arm that can hit what he's throwing at.

I don't go deep enough to care about the long throws... And an arm that's too strong can sometimes put too much on a short throw.

Later

Boling4Humor 10-06-2011 04:07 PM

Arm Strength by a landslide. I'm pretty sure your QB will continue to increase in Accuracy while you're throw power remains the same.

Tebow is a beast after two or three seasons.

legenddt 10-06-2011 04:15 PM

Tebows arm, in the game anyways, isn't all that strong. Only like an 88 I think, which of course isn't weak, but its also not "powerful". For me I like to have both (who doesn't right) but ill take arm strength and accuracy over ARM strength and mobility or accuracy and mobility. Mobility is the one thing I don't need.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

Boling4Humor 10-06-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legenddt (Post 2042950647)
Tebows arm, in the game anyways, isn't all that strong. Only like an 88 I think, which of course isn't weak, but its also not "powerful". For me I like to have both (who doesn't right) but ill take arm strength and accuracy over ARM strength and mobility or accuracy and mobility. Mobility is the one thing I don't need.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

You're correct about it being an 88. But you can still throw the football down into the redzone with him from the opponents 30(ish) yard line.

I agree about Arm S & A being a higher priority over mobility. But I certainly don't mind having the option of all 3 a couple seasons down the road with Tebow. It just makes my QB more of a headache for any coach and his defensive team.

legenddt 10-06-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boling4Humor (Post 2042950676)
You're correct about it being an 88. But you can still throw the football down into the redzone with him from the opponents 30(ish) yard line.

I agree about Arm S & A being a higher priority over mobility. But I certainly don't mind having the option of all 3 a couple seasons down the road with Tebow. It just makes my QB more of a headache for any coach and his defensive team.

Personally my fav to play with is Stafford, high 98 thp is ridiculous and with the latest roster updates his accuracy is solid. Obviously he has no mobility but I stick to the pocket anyways. As for Tebow, you'l probably have a lot of fun being able to truck db's with your qb lol.

Boling4Humor 10-06-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legenddt (Post 2042951008)
Personally my fav to play with is Stafford, high 98 thp is ridiculous and with the latest roster updates his accuracy is solid. Obviously he has no mobility but I stick to the pocket anyways. As for Tebow, you'l probably have a lot of fun being able to truck db's with your qb lol.

I get so disapointed going into a game against Bradford. He makes me look like I've never played the game of Madden before. :splat:

I can't imagine how much fun it must be to play with this guy. Especially after the updates. You sir, are a blessed man.

I do have fun with Tebow. It's hard to throw on the run with him in this game. But usually I'll run to where I have room to stop and then throw, or run and find an open hole. I use to be a pocket player back when Cutler was with the Broncs, but with Tebow...I can't really help but give it a try. After being able to expirement with him in 11, I think I'm getting the hang of how to play with a mobile QB. It's def fun but risky at times.