Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   When Are The Scouting Pack Retirement Pack Thingies Comming Out? (/forums/showthread.php?t=515311)

havokeff 10-05-2011 08:58 PM

When Are The Scouting Pack Retirement Pack Thingies Comming Out?

Dude, I can't for the life of me remember what they are actually called, but is there any word on when they are coming out or how they will work this year.

I.e. The Scouting packs, Retirement packs, Progression Packs, Injury Packs.

cusefan74 10-05-2011 09:26 PM

Re: When Are The Scouting Pack Retirement Pack Thingies Comming Out?

I haven't heard or seen anything on them. I was wondering myself.

LivingLegend 10-05-2011 09:50 PM

Those "thingies" are called micro-DLC and tbh, they are things that should be in the game from the start.

I'm sorry but, $1.99 for the chance to have better progression or convince a player to stay? It's pathetic, micro DLC is one of the major flaws in gaming this gen.

If you pay $59.99 for a football game; recruiting, scouting, should be inculded, not seperate. I'm glad they did away with them this year, wise buisness move. That obviously tells me they didn't sell that well.

cusefan74 10-06-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivingLegend (Post 2042947525)
Those "thingies" are called micro-DLC and tbh, they are things that should be in the game from the start.

I'm sorry but, $1.99 for the chance to have better progression or convince a player to stay? It's pathetic, micro DLC is one of the major flaws in gaming this gen.

If you pay $59.99 for a football game; recruiting, scouting, should be inculded, not seperate. I'm glad they did away with them this year, wise buisness move. That obviously tells me they didn't sell that well.

I agree for the most part. I just liked to be able to have all the scouting reports. On the other hand though this year is fun, because you only get what you scout.

NoFear 10-06-2011 04:07 PM

I just liked being able to stop players from retiring, that's the only one I've ever bought. Bringing Favre back for 2 more seasons in last years game was fun.

I agree that it should be in the game anyways though.

Pandetta 10-06-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoFear (Post 2042950608)
I just liked being able to stop players from retiring, that's the only one I've ever bought. Bringing Favre back for 2 more seasons in last years game was fun.

I agree that it should be in the game anyways though.

Yea i find it ridiculous that Ray Lewis always retires after 1 year in franchise and you can't stop it even if you reload a thousand times. There is zero chance he is retiring this year at the level he is playing. Just one of a dozen examples that made the "new" retirement change annoying.

That is something you should be able to override as a basic function of the game because sometimes it simply isn't accurate. Similarly, it would be nice to be able to bring a player back.

havokeff 10-07-2011 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivingLegend (Post 2042947525)

Were they released right when the game came out last year or was there also a delay? Do you have info that states that have "done away" with them?

And seriously, getting mad about something that is an option is silly. Recruiting and scouting ARE included. The DLC just makes you an omniscient god at it. (If you can't get a draft of solid A potential players this year, you SHOULD pay another couple bucks for scouting DLC) Progression is also included in the form of allowing ratings editing.

I personally have no problem paying $5.00 for something that that adds a little more enjoyment to the game.

The scouting packs were a waste last year anyway as I said and not actually what I want. I want to try it out this year with the ability to switch teams and have different teams get better consistently, outside of either mine, or the single team I pick with the Max Team Progression pack.
Also, the retirement packs are fun, and the medical packs come in handy on occasion.

And damn hommie, if you think micro-DLC is a "flaw" of this generation of consoles and games, you better stop playing now. lol

LivingLegend 10-07-2011 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havokeff (Post 2042952998)
Were they released right when the game came out last year or was there also a delay? Do you have info that states that have "done away" with them?

And seriously, getting mad about something that is an option is silly. Recruiting and scouting ARE included. The DLC just makes you an omniscient god at it. (If you can't get a draft of solid A potential players this year, you SHOULD pay another couple bucks for scouting DLC) Progression is also included in the form of allowing ratings editing.

I personally have no problem paying $5.00 for something that that adds a little more enjoyment to the game.

The scouting packs were a waste last year anyway as I said and not actually what I want. I want to try it out this year with the ability to switch teams and have different teams get better consistently, outside of either mine, or the single team I pick with the Max Team Progression pack.
Also, the retirement packs are fun, and the medical packs come in handy on occasion.

And damn hommie, if you think micro-DLC is a "flaw" of this generation of consoles and games, you better stop playing now. lol

They were released the same day as the game. NCAA STILL charges you an extra two dollars if you want to use the recruiting advisor, it's ludacris. Disc locked content is a BIG problem with developers this gen, mainly EA and Activison.

I don't get mad over optional DLC, that's fine. But when you are charged extra for something that should logically be in the game it's like someone's spitting in your face. Being disc locked just makes it worse.

That's like paying 5 dollars for a value meal, and not getting the hamburger inside the bun, gotta pay an extra 2 dollars for the meat AFTER they hand you your food. Makes no sense.