Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Tallest player you've ever recruited? (/forums/showthread.php?t=515851)

LivingLegend 10-07-2011 02:39 PM

Tallest player you've ever recruited?

I just recruited a 6'8 275 pound TE, I get him and he turns out to have 88 speed with great hands. Dude is an absolute monster, he just towers over the corners and lb's that cover him.

waytofailself 10-07-2011 02:45 PM

Re: Tallest player you've ever recruited?

6'8 333 LBS *** Athlete.

Turned out he was a center.

By his senior year, he would be the top rated non-kicker on my team. No joke. And it was amazing to run up the middle with him using SEC Elite's sliders, because they allow weight and momentum to play more of a focus into the game. Sure, they don't give you any pancake stats, but all I had to do was run behind my behemoth of a center (who was 358 lbs by his redshirt senior year) and it would be a near automatic 5 yards.

LivingLegend 10-07-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waytofailself (Post 2042955108)
6'8 333 LBS *** Athlete.

By his senior year, he would be the top rated non-kicker on my team. No joke. And it was amazing to run up the middle with him using SEC Elite's sliders, because they allow weight and momentum to play more of a focus into the game. Sure, they don't give you any pancake stats, but all I had to do was run behind my behemoth of a center (who was 358 lbs by his redshirt senior year) and it would be a near automatic 5 yards.

Link to those sliders?

That's crazy about the Center, I can't wait to see how big my TE is by his senior year.

BaylorBearBryant 10-07-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waytofailself (Post 2042955108)
6'8 333 LBS *** Athlete.

I would have had to switch him to some other position. LT, DT. Something like that.

rustymuffler 10-07-2011 07:45 PM

I have a 6'9" Guard in my OD and he has 92 strength. I want to run to his side all day. I don't know if height makes a difference in the game but I makes me feel more comfortable running to that side even if height has no effect.

HammerOfGod 10-07-2011 07:54 PM

Back in the previous gen, you'd always run across a couple 6'10" guys, but it seems to me they've made the max height for generated recruits 6'8" since the move to this gen.

waytofailself 10-07-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant (Post 2042956266)
I would have had to switch him to some other position. LT, DT. Something like that.

Except he was 4 overall less as a tackle and a 42 as defensive line or something ridiculously low like that.

edit: really wish EA would make athletes capable of playing multiple positions.

BlackCaesar 10-07-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waytofailself (Post 2042956841)
Except he was 4 overall less as a tackle and a 42 as defensive line or something ridiculously low like that.

edit: really wish EA would make athletes capable of playing multiple positions.

There are athletes who can play multiple positions. I recruited one who would have been at least a 75 at every position on defense, RB, and WR though he was a little too small to play on the defensive line.