Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How big of a factor is momentum in this game? (/forums/showthread.php?t=516048)

bruinkid626 10-08-2011 05:05 AM

How big of a factor is momentum in this game?

I just completed one of my greatest comebacks in my offline dynasty. I was New Mexico vs Maryland (CPU). For the entire first half of the game, I could not get a single first down. The only positives I had for the first half was that I made the CPU punt on 3 drives. Regardless, I was down 23-0 at halftime.

As the 2nd half began, I just wanted to make the score look respectable, but my cornerback intercepted O'brien and ran it back all the way for the touchdown. Suddenly, for the rest of the game O'brien doesn't seem to be able to do a single thing. He overthrew nearly all of his receivers and it led to me outscoring Maryland 42-7 in the second half. They just couldn't do anything on offense after that pick 6.

I'm playing on all american w/ custom sliders. I'm always seeing people complain about how the CPU turns on its "comeback" AI when it's down, but how about just relaxing when it's up?

This one game has drawn me immensely into my offline dynasty. There's hope for UNM.

BHavenBlazer 10-08-2011 08:47 AM

Re: How big of a factor is momentum in this game?

I would like to know this as well. I've had some great comebacks in online games, to the tune of being down 33-0 at half to winning 36-33 or being down 17 with 3 mins left and winning by 4. It seems that there are times in this game where you can hit a big play and then everything goes your way from there on out, usually after a big fumble or INT. It also seems to happen for the home team when it happens. Again, its probably just me imagining something that's not there, but it does seem like the Big MO is a factor.