Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Starting season with True Freshman QB (/forums/showthread.php?t=516941)

BadAssHskr 10-11-2011 02:21 PM

Starting season with True Freshman QB

What kind of success or failure should I expect here?

Pocket Passer
OVR 78
AWR 59

Throw Power 94
Throw Acc 80

teets 10-11-2011 02:29 PM

Re: Starting season with True Freshman QB

You should do pretty good at home. I've had a lot of trouble with freshman qb's on the road, with the low awr they get shook up too easy and it causes a lot more bad passes.

TheCapstone32 10-11-2011 02:30 PM

That's a pretty solid freshman QB, I would definitely go deep 7-10 times a game depending on how much you pass.

BadAssHskr 10-11-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teets (Post 2042971931)
You should do pretty good at home. I've had a lot of trouble with freshman qb's on the road, with the low awr they get shook up too easy and it causes a lot more bad passes.

word on that, didn't even consider going on the road with him.

PowerofRed25 10-11-2011 03:32 PM

The way home field advantage is this year, you're going to have a VERY hard time on the road. The effect HFA has on QB accuracy is way too over powered this year, especially when you are using sliders to make the passing game tougher. I mean, I played a game yesterday with Brandon Weeden, one of the best QB's in the game and a very aware Senior and he started getting rattled and missed 5 straight throws by MASSIVE overthrow after throwing an INT. I still threw for nearly 500 yards, but it was rough going on the road at TCU.

I would still go with it though, he sounds very talented. At home he should be great. On the road, I would start slow with high percentage passes. Run a bunch of screens, very short crossing routes/curls/swing passes early in the game just to get his confidence up a little and then start working it down field.