Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Your Underrated Player (/forums/showthread.php?t=517630)

yankees028 10-13-2011 05:31 PM

Your Underrated Player

I see these threads once and awhile but people are always throwing in players that are in there 80's or higher....

Lets make a rule right now no player above a 75

Couple of players that always seem to find a way onto my franchise this season.

Walter Mcfadden CB 64ovr - I had him on ultimate team and he was such a good CB and even got a ton of picks. Got him for my franchise and he is such a legit nickle corner

Noel Devine RB 65ovr - pretty much a easy pick his awareness set at 25 which is pretty much pointless but other then that he is such a soild back up RB. Also progress very well

Jonathan Baldwin WR 71ovr - Everything about him just screams poor man Owens/boldin. 91 speed with a 74 truck on top of that a 93 spec catch and a ridiculous 97 jump and o yah he is 6'4.

Herman Johnson - LG 62ovr - I usually bump his impact blocking up to a 75 and leave the rest as is. If so his big 6'7 382 body that just looks like a house in game progresses very well in two seasons. I have seen him get to as high as a 87.

I have a couple of others that I always seem to sign so I have them on special teams.

so who are your underrated gems that you have found? because I feel like some players no matter how low they are rated play very highly

legenddt 10-13-2011 06:12 PM

Re: Your Underrated Player

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankees028 (Post 2042981172)
I see these threads once and awhile but people are always throwing in players that are in there 80's or higher....

Lets make a rule right now no player above a 75

Couple of players that always seem to find a way onto my franchise this season.

Walter Mcfadden CB 64ovr - I had him on ultimate team and he was such a good CB and even got a ton of picks. Got him for my franchise and he is such a legit nickle corner

Noel Devine RB 65ovr - pretty much a easy pick his awareness set at 25 which is pretty much pointless but other then that he is such a soild back up RB. Also progress very well

Jonathan Baldwin WR 71ovr - Everything about him just screams poor man Owens/boldin. 91 speed with a 74 truck on top of that a 93 spec catch and a ridiculous 97 jump and o yah he is 6'4.

Herman Johnson - LG 62ovr - I usually bump his impact blocking up to a 75 and leave the rest as is. If so his big 6'7 382 body that just looks like a house in game progresses very well in two seasons. I have seen him get to as high as a 87.

I have a couple of others that I always seem to sign so I have them on special teams.

so who are your underrated gems that you have found? because I feel like some players no matter how low they are rated play very highly

Eric Decker is a beast, as is Jeff Maehl (only a 60 overall but catches in traffic very well)

xElway7x 10-13-2011 06:15 PM

Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas, Jonathan Wilhite. Lance Ball is really good considering his rating too, as is Jason Hunter.

yankees028 10-13-2011 06:15 PM

havent tried decker yet this year but last year I grabbed him when I had a injury and he was so good. Shipley is another one who catches everything

Pandetta 10-13-2011 06:18 PM

Noel Devine honestly plays like a high 80s player because that AWR of his just doesn't matter at all.

yankees028 10-13-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandetta (Post 2042981407)
Noel Devine honestly plays like a high 80s player because that AWR of his just doesn't matter at all.

I agree with you on that if you turn his awareness to like a 70 he is a 84 I wanted to check. He is a very solid running back

xElway7x 10-13-2011 06:22 PM

I urge everyone to give Demaryius Thomas a shot. Size, speed, good catch ratings....he's amazing.

silv504 10-13-2011 06:24 PM

Darryl Washington, LB from Arizona is a nice sleeper...not sure his initial overall.