Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Matt Barkley vs Andrew Luck (/forums/showthread.php?t=519733)

24 10-22-2011 04:59 PM

Matt Barkley vs Andrew Luck

Two Years ago i made a thread in the college football forums on the same subject right before the Season began. I got mixed answers at the time but there was no definitive choice. I present this question two years later. When it comes down to it who would you rather Draft. Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley? Both come from Pro Style Offenses, both have displayed immaculate talent. Is this really like Leaf vs Manning all over again or its just me ?

loloben 10-22-2011 05:14 PM

Re: Matt Barkley vs Andrew Luck

Luck. Barkley may make it closer, but I thinks it's definitely Luck right now.

Champion8877 10-22-2011 07:59 PM

well i'll be honest, i don't watch much college ball at all. i just dont really like it compared to the NFL, and the little i do watch is mostly my home team Buckeyes. so i havent watched much of either QB besides highlights on ESPN. that being said, i would have to say Luck is the better choice from the little i have seen. also from what everybody says. im honestly not sure who will be better, but i think Luck will be drafted first.

i do think it will be a little funny though if Luck turns out to be a complete NFL bust, and is a ryan leaf 2.0 since everybody is so high on the kid and already calling him the best since manning and even some saying he will be the best to ever play.

Marino 10-22-2011 08:04 PM

I think this would be better if it was Landry Jones vs Matt Barkley, Andrew Luck is way above both.

OSUFan_88 10-23-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marino (Post 2043014381)
I think this would be better if it was Landry Jones vs Matt Barkley, Andrew Luck is way above both.

I'd add RGIII in there as well.

Andrew Luck has almost impeccable footwork, his arm is fantastic and he plays in a pro style offense where he doesn't sit in the shot gun, never drop back and read a defense.

NDAlum 10-23-2011 11:14 AM

Agreed with Marino

Luck is by far the #1 guy

bkrich83 10-23-2011 06:12 PM

Andrew Luck, and it's not even remotely close.

TMJOHNS18 10-23-2011 07:44 PM

John Brantley... duh!

I think whoever ends up on the Colts and not the Dolphins will be the better QB. Luck/Barkley/Jones will have their chances, though sometimes it helps more to be put in a better situation (Sanchez) than to be the better player (Stafford).