Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Clock Running During Penalty (/forums/showthread.php?t=521267)

PowerofRed25 10-31-2011 06:30 AM

Clock Running During Penalty

I was just playing a game against the CPU. I had the ball towards the end of the first half, inside the other teams 10 without a timeout. I called a play with about 25 seconds left and the clock stopped. I did one fake snap, during which the CPU jumped offsides. I quickly snapped it and completed a short pass in the flat which was stopped inbounds.

WHILE the referee's animation and accept or decline box was on the screen, the clock CONTINUED TO RUN. Eventually getting down to 10 seconds before I could quickly select a play, snap it and run it... resulting in an interception because I forced a pass trying to rush it.

Umm, what the heck? This was just at halftime in a game I led comfortably, I could only imagine this happening at a crucial spot late in the 4th quarter. Has anyone else seen this?

therealslimshady 10-31-2011 08:12 AM

Re: Clock Running During Penalty

I have the clock continuing to run after I run out of bounds to stop the damn clock.... it just never stops. This game is full of so many errors its pathetic

patsfan1993 10-31-2011 08:39 AM

The clock management and penalty enforcement leave a lot to be desired. I was playing in the conference championship game down 4 at the 4 yard line. I had just used my last time out with 3 seconds to go. I hard counted and drew them offsides and threw an incomplete pass. I accepted the penalty and the game ended even though games can't end on a defensive penalty.

tarheelguy4736 10-31-2011 10:33 AM

Yea Ive noticed that you can basically run out the clock towards the end of a game if there is a penalty on the CPU. Its ridiculous how it just keeps running. I guess they didn't QC that before the game was distributed. I would just like to know who QC's this stuff because they obviously need a different profession.

PowerofRed25 10-31-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patsfan1993 (Post 2043041969)
The clock management and penalty enforcement leave a lot to be desired. I was playing in the conference championship game down 4 at the 4 yard line. I had just used my last time out with 3 seconds to go. I hard counted and drew them offsides and threw an incomplete pass. I accepted the penalty and the game ended even though games can't end on a defensive penalty.

That is another one I noticed. Right before the half I drew the CPU offsides and just lobbed up a hail mary that fell incomplete. I accepted the penalty, hoping to have another crack at the hail mary but the half ended. I was confused.

What really makes me mad is that it works CORRECTLY for the CPU. On the final play of a game a few days ago, I was lined up offsides on a 4th and 3 pass that was knocked down to end the game..... except the CPU was able to accept the penalty and extend the game one un-timed down as the rules state. The ensuing play was incomplete as well, so it didn't make a difference, but I was confused why I can't get an un-timed down but the CPU can.

wonderl33t 10-31-2011 04:12 PM

Yeah, I almost got screwed by this. Driving to tie the game with only 40 seconds left, the CPU committed a penalty but the clock kept running. But inexplicably I was able to use my final timeout to stop the clock (I don't know how you can call a timeout during a penalty sequence, Lol). The glitch cost me a crucial timeout, but at least I was able to extend the game. I forget how the game ended, though...