Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How long will ea ride on this broken old engine? (/forums/showthread.php?t=521358)

psychicDB 10-31-2011 03:36 PM

How long will ea ride on this broken old engine?

How long do y'all think it will be before ea actually builds a completely new game engine? (If ever)

I don't realistically think they will seriously redesign the game on the current consoles. My guess is when the next generation of consoles comes out, the successors to the ps3 and x360.

I think they are making too much money with the current formula(update the rosters, add in some gimmicks like dreads and 3d grass, advertise the s**t out of it, make millions) to give a major overhaul serious consideration. I think only when the next generation of super consoles comes out will the crappy old engine finally cease to be believable and we will get a new engine that doesn't suck.

I want to be wrong, but I just have a feeling we're gonna be seeing the same tired b***s*** in NCAA 13, 14, and however many games until the next Gen arrives.

Aranor 10-31-2011 04:02 PM

Re: How long will ea ride on this broken old engine?

What makes you think they will make a new engine for new console if they can make millions on it anways? Its all about $$$ for them.

SonOfEd 10-31-2011 04:19 PM

They would probably have to pull a NBA Live/Elite and shut down for a "year" to rebuild. But that wont happen while they are pulling in the $$$, and the chance of loosing their exclusive licence.

Pared 10-31-2011 04:58 PM

This has been discussed before, with the point of speculation being raised in a much better fashion.

Please search.

Thank you.