Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MMA Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   UFC 142 - Aldo v. Mendes - Jan. 14 - Brazil (/forums/showthread.php?t=521437)

aholbert32 10-31-2011 11:19 PM

UFC 142 - Aldo v. Mendes - Jan. 14 - Brazil

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/stor...medium=twitter

ex carrabba fan 10-31-2011 11:25 PM

Re: UFC 142 - Aldo v. Mendes - Jan. 14 - Brazil

OK Jose, after this fight it's time to move up bruh. There's nobody left and you've looked kinda dull lately, listen to your body.

I honestly wouldn't be that shocked to see Mendes lay on Aldo all night and squeak out a decision.

It's a shame they can't have Anderson v Sonnen on this card...

redsrule 10-31-2011 11:50 PM

In Brazil, damn. Have fun with that Mendes :/

Sandman42 11-01-2011 12:10 AM

Probably will get Vitor on this card also, maybe Maia too? Maia's manager was calling out Jake Shields for a fight at 185.

Pappy Knuckles 11-01-2011 12:24 AM

Pretty quick turnaround for another card in Brazil. I guess UFC is really trying to expand that market. The crowd was insane last time.

I don't think Aldo has looked all that bad in his last two fights. He didn't dominate Hominick or Florian like I expected, but was in control for the most part and never in any real danger. Hominick had him on his back in the 5th, but he didn't do a lot of damage. I think he can still put in work in his weight class, but if the cut is too much for him I won't blame him for moving up .

ex carrabba fan 11-01-2011 12:29 AM

I don't think Aldo has ever been in danger, in any fight in Zuffa.

That in itself, to me, solidifies a top position in the P4P talk. I still can't believe people would take Aldo out because of his recent bouts.

I just don't think he's been doing well with these cuts of late. His body is obviously still maturing and the muscle keeps coming.

I honestly think we'd see more explosive Aldo, more classic Aldo at 55.

I don't think there's anything more to be proven at 45 anyway if he beats Mendes. Japanese guy is a worthless matchup.

I think Mendes is the perfect test for Aldo to move up. A powerful wrestler who's main goal is to take a nap on you.

Pappy Knuckles 11-01-2011 12:53 AM

No doubt about Aldo being in the P4P discussion. He hasn't done anything that warrants him being excluded from that conversation. I think those who jumped off the bandwagon will hop back on if he has a solid performance against Mendes.

As far as Hioki goes, he has to show me A LOT more than what he did on Saturday to make me think he's worth the time to face Aldo. That was my first time seeing him fight, but I wasn't impressed in the least bit.

I'm over here reading about how Aldo has struggled with the cut on several occasions. 155 becomes even more stacked if he plans on moving up soon. If the added weight improves his perfomance it's going to be very entertaining to watch.

aholbert32 11-01-2011 02:59 PM

Belfort v. Rumble Johnson is the co-main. Rumble is moving up to MW.