Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Week 9: Denver Broncos (2-5) at Oakland Raiders (4-3) (/forums/showthread.php?t=521779)

rangerrick012 11-02-2011 06:23 PM

Week 9: Denver Broncos (2-5) at Oakland Raiders (4-3)

Or, this week's episode of "As the Tebow Turns..."

Tim's still the starter in Denver, with the ringing endorsement of "For this week, yes" from his head coach. Meanwhile Oakland's new QB makes his first start.

Looks like DMC may be out since the latest reports are that hes in a walking boot and on crutches. Maybe just holding him out for the Thursday game against SD next week. As always I'm cautiously optimistic, but Tebow Magic always seems to come through sometimes and he did play decent last year in Oakland.

Howie75 11-02-2011 07:04 PM

Re: Week 9: Denver Broncos (2-5) at Oakland Raiders (4-3)

I will be there @ the Coliseum Sunday. Hopefully my mojo continues. Th Raiders have only lost twice when I have attended games in Oakland. (Think they're. 8 and 2).

Shibito 11-02-2011 10:09 PM

I think Denver's too bad all around to win this game unless Palmer really fails to preform. I see this being a low scoring game all around with Oakland edging the Broncos out.

TDenverFan 11-03-2011 09:44 PM

I don't think either team has a good QB. A huge factor is gonna be if Willis McGahee or Run DMC play.

mestevo 11-04-2011 12:59 AM

Pretty sure the way McFadden has looked in practice (in a walking boot, on crutches) he's expected to miss the next couple games with a mid-foot sprain.

Wouldn't be too surprised to see the Raiders come out flailing and lose this one. Palmer says he knows the playbook now... has to be a new record for someone picking up an Al Saunders offense. To start out the week they brought in TJ, so I guess things weren't going too well with Palmer meshing with the Raiders WRs...

With or without McFadden, they've had the bye to get things straight and back on track. Though you'd have thought Denver would have had the same success coming out of their bye, but instead they were shutout by the worst team in the league for 3.5 quarters.

rangerrick012 11-04-2011 01:56 AM

Hue can't be stupid and force Carson to go out there and try to win the game. Even if DMC is hurt (which is highly likely), Bush and Jones are more than capable of carrying the load. Let the running game do it's job and let the defense make big plays and force a few turnovers to come out with the win. Easier said than done, I know. But Hue shouldn't be so quick to throw Carson into the fire. I'm willing to say if he gets any more than 30 pass attempts the Raiders lose this one.

Broncos86 11-04-2011 12:31 PM

The Tim Tebow Side Show continues. My prediction is this is going to be just like the Denver/Miami game. It'll be largely sloppy. Unless Carson Palmer invokes some mojo and really does have a grasp of the playbook. Then Denver is toast. If the Raiders put up 17 points, the Broncos lose. Tebow just cannot sustain drives right now.

mestevo 11-04-2011 04:15 PM

McFadden officially out for this game.