Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   OS Roundtable: The Player Tendencies Snafu - Short Term Blunder or Long Term Mistake? (/forums/showthread.php?t=521912)

kingg d 11-03-2011 11:06 PM

Nice way to bash an EA product, but for some reason I don't see anything like this about nba2k12 (a game way more broken than NCAA) And mods even delete or block every thread complaining about the game.

Now you can delete this comment if you want.

LionsFanNJ 11-03-2011 11:19 PM

Re: OS Roundtable: The Player Tendencies Snafu - Short Term Blunder or Long Term Mist

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaliib (Post 2043053885)
I believe this issue will have an imact on gaming forums also.

Come next year, gamers will want to press Ben & Co on real issues, instead of dumb questions about what's their favorite part of the game.

Forums such as OS have to walk that fine line, because you "Want" a relationship with developers, but you "Need" gamers to read/utilize your site.

How this will impact OS is will they allow gamers to voice/press the developers when given the chance, or will the hammer be laid down against members to preserve that developers relationship?

We will see!!!

OS will never see the NCAA devs again. EA is all about social media now.

back on topic. I'm curious to see if this tendency thing goes further back into previous iterations into the game. Based on the information in the patch notes it seems the database is just corrupted to the point that it will take a major overhaul time consuming process. That leads me to believe when thy initially wrote the code for next gen database tendencies this was wonky from the get go. I don't have any of the past ones anymore so i can't really check.

Ideally i want them to implement maddens tendencies and DPP in the next game.

shadia147 11-03-2011 11:35 PM

Well, what I would like to say to the OS guys in the above article... A lot of us read your previews every year. We base our opinions on whether to buy or skip on release day on your previews.
So, that means that you have a responsibility to us here at OS before EA's PR Dept each year.
I don't feel that has always been the case. I realize that EA is an advertiser to this site. And you're obligated to somewhat act as PR for your sponsors.
All I'm saying to the guys above....Stand your ground next year. It's important to us, your audience.

KingV2k3 11-04-2011 12:17 AM

Re: OS Roundtable: The Player Tendencies Snafu - Short Term Blunder or Long Term Mist

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistofrage (Post 2043053713)
But they didn't fail because We The Sheeple lined up and bought over 1 million copies. Given the limited resources they apparantly put towards this title, I am sure the board of directors gave them a big pat on the back and probably a nice Christmas Bonus. I mean the reviewers all gave it 8+. You don't have to produce a quality product when you have a monopoly, a good hype machine and the reviewers in your back pocket to boot.

Yup...very good points...

I'm admittedly "part of the problem" because I buy both football titles pretty much every year and find a way (with the help of this forum) to make them enjoyable enough to play the heck out of them...

Frustrating, when you're hooked on console football and you know what other sports titles have managed to accomplish...

mWolfe 11-04-2011 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistofrage (Post 2043053971)
It all comes down to a numbers game for EA. TYhey know they are going to lose X% of their customers every year for various reason. As long as they can recoup those numbers with the hype machine and having the exclusivity, things probably won't change.

They already said they can't patch the game because they don't know their code well enough to not break things in the process. They aren't revamping the engine. Do you honestly think the development team is going to spend money and resources learning the entire engine and fixing what's broken? No, because the formula they have is put in a few new fancy features to put on the back of the box to attract new customers. Years and Years of current gen games have proven their MO. Year after year, even the hardcore sim guys still shell out money in hopes of things changing and it never does. They are banking on that trend continuing.

Your right they do know that they will lose costumers every year our problem is that we the hardcore gamers are to few to put a dent on thier pocketbook for them to see a difference. This is this first year I have bought Madden since 09 and this will be the last time to buy both NCAA. And Madden again till the next systems debut. I know I can say this because I ditch Madden 09 for Madden 08 on the PC and been playing that more than I have Madden 12 so if I really get tired of NCAA 12 ill just buy me another PS2 and pick up NCAA 06 and play that. Now will this affect EA at all no but I will still get my football fix and enjoy the other games that come out rather than worrying if he new football game is good or not.

HustlinOwl 11-04-2011 01:14 AM

After the BS EA pulled with my beloved NCAA Basketball 10, 2010 was the last year I bout an EA Sports product. Wish more would have seen this then.

Retropyro 11-04-2011 01:40 AM

The most disturbing thing for me was the fact that after months of seeing Ben & Company everywhere doing interviews and hyping the game, they flat out disappeared and went into hiding once the game came out.

While I would not have been happy, I would be leaning towards a day one purchase of NCAA 13 had the Dev's just come out and admitted they screwed it up. But to go completely silent? I can't overlook that.

As for customer service, I sent an email to EA through an address that was put on their officail site. It said I would recieve a response within 48hrs. Well that was back during the 3rd week of August ...still waiting for a response.

pierre45212 11-04-2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson (Post 2043053044)
All EA Game Changers have lost credibility in my eyes. They went down there how many times for NCAA 12 ? Like around 8 or 10 times ? I know it was a lot and the last time was in June. But yet this is the buggiest game in the series. Kind of makes one wonder what the hell they were doing down there all the times they were down there.

Not only did they go down there that many times, but a good number of them have direct access email and phone wise with the producers and other lead programmers. So to me it is like how can you have direct access and don't speak up ? That whole program needs to be scrapped because out of the 2 or 3 years that program been in place, they haven't changed a damn thing or improved anything either. I am still seeing the same problems that was in 08, 09, 10 still in NCAA 12. So to me, they serve no purpose other then to hype the game.

EA needs to go back to the way they use to be before patches. IMO they are so dependent and reliant on patches, they putting out half baked games. Idea be good, but the execution be terrible. I honestly don't believe they even play their own game against the CPU. I think they only play head to head against other humans and that is the problem.

You can just play ONE game against the CPU and come away with a notebook full of problems with the CPU AI. So how in the world did the EA Game Changers, QA department, producers and everybody else that was involved in the game NOT see that many obvious issues with the game ?

All these sports games developers are taking consumers for granted and it is SAD. Man if they ever put Madden and NCAA back on the PC, we wouldn't have these problems because gamers themselves would have fixed the problems with mods.

Honestly this has been a very disappointing summer for me. College football is my favorite sport. But it has been full of misinformation and question dodging. It is like they just there to collect a pay check and don't care or have pride in what they put out in the market.

Hell of a post bro i feel you 100%.. just like the guy that runs traditionsportsonline.com he is a EA game changer and i told him back in May that ncaa 2012 would be a bad game and a big downer he got all on my back about it.He told me that he played the game for over 100hrs & he knows the game is very good! one of the best ncaa football games EA made. i just replyed we will all see when the games drops.now it's 11-4-11 i can now say i was right the whole time it was a bad game that i traded to gamestop. this game is a 5/10 for me! hell ncaa 11 was 8/10 for me lol.