Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What can we realistically expect to see next year (/forums/showthread.php?t=522130)

psychicDB 11-04-2011 10:28 PM

What can we realistically expect to see next year

As much as we all want to see a groundbreakingly awesome game next year, let's face it. EA holds a monopoly on CFB games and as CFB addicts we are more or less stuck with whatever they throw at us.

So, disregarding what you *want* to see next year, what do you realistically think we will get?

BlastX21 11-04-2011 11:04 PM

Re: What can we realistically expect to see next year

The same as always. EA will introduce some great new feature we've asked for. Most people claiming they won't buy the game right now will change their minds. Launch day comes and its another record day. Reviewers all give the game great scores. Everyone loves the game for the first month. Then people will start to hate the game more and more over time, as we begin to notice that the same gameplay issues still exist as all the previous editions. The short term euphoria over the new features fades as we realize that we should have had them 5 years ago. OS turns into a hate forum where everyone (including me) bashes EA for not fixing major game issues, and in the meantime the first 2 patches meant to "fix" these issues instead break the game and make it unplayable. 10 months later, EA introduces another great new feature for NCAA 2013 and the process restarts.

WipeOut464 11-04-2011 11:50 PM

Mild improvements, but I wouldn't be surprised if tendencies still aren't fixed. If they've just now figured out the depth of the problem, I doubt they'll have it fully ironed out by release.

Holding out for next gen.

prowler 11-05-2011 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WipeOut464 (Post 2043056825)
Mild improvements, but I wouldn't be surprised if tendencies still aren't fixed. If they've just now figured out the depth of the problem, I doubt they'll have it fully ironed out by release.

Holding out for next gen.

Player tendencies will be addressed (notice I didn't say fixed) and they'll hype it to death like a brand new feature.

TDenverFan 11-05-2011 08:50 AM

A solid game with few bugs and some cool new features

But that's how I'd describe 12.

z4ckdabeast 11-05-2011 12:47 PM

What exactly is the difference between the second and third poll options? They seem pretty similar to me.

jeremym480 11-05-2011 12:53 PM

I just want the tendency bug fixed, online dynasty to work correctly from the jump, a few gameplay improvements and coaching carousel/custom conferences to be expanded upon. Basically just give me a well rounded, less buggy NCAA 12 and I'll be a happy camper.

PapaOso 11-05-2011 01:00 PM

Realistically we can expect to get a game designed for "Ranked" Online Play that will be pretty useless offline. The Online portion of the game will be useless a year or so later when EA wants another 60 bucks from us and ends online service for the previous year's version. Current Gen....fun, fun,fun.