Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Can people cheat in recruiting in online dynasty? (/forums/showthread.php?t=522317)

tacosaban 11-06-2011 08:40 AM

Can people cheat in recruiting in online dynasty?

Just wondering because in my dynasty its the same 2 guys dominating. Florida and Florida State every year. Everyone else kinda struggles. Thanks

blkrptnt819 11-06-2011 09:43 AM

Where is everyone else at? And FSU has FL and TX as their pipeline. Enough said.

jello1717 11-07-2011 12:23 PM

Re: Can people cheat in recruiting in online dynasty?

I don't know of a way to cheat and it's not even remotely surprising that Florida and FSU are dominating in recruiting.

jmcbryde 11-07-2011 03:56 PM

I'm having this issue too. Not that I really think it's cheating but something is going on and I can't figure out how I'm constantly being out recruited.

I'm TCU in the Big 12 and the other guy is A&M in the SEC. We end up playing each other for the NC every year. He has a slight edge in a few categories and always seems to start out ranked ahead of me in every recruits list. Also gets a lot more instant commits the first week (5 this past year). He seems to win every recruit we both go after. I can't figure out what he is doing differently.

I usually offer the first time I talk to a recruit and eventually use all 3 promises on guaranteeing conf champ, top #10 first year and top #10 first 2 years. I usually have 3 quality topics by the time the visit come around. Is there something I'm not catching on to?

jello1717 11-07-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcbryde (Post 2043064773)
I'm having this issue too. Not that I really think it's cheating but something is going on and I can't figure out how I'm constantly being out recruited.

I'm TCU in the Big 12 and the other guy is A&M in the SEC. We end up playing each other for the NC every year. He has a slight edge in a few categories and always seems to start out ranked ahead of me in every recruits list. Also gets a lot more instant commits the first week (5 this past year). He seems to win every recruit we both go after. I can't figure out what he is doing differently.

I usually offer the first time I talk to a recruit and eventually use all 3 promises on guaranteeing conf champ, top #10 first year and top #10 first 2 years. I usually have 3 quality topics by the time the visit come around. Is there something I'm not catching on to?

A couple of things. First, as far as the instant commits go, in a previous game (probably '10) people could cheat by calling a recruit and offering a scholly. If he insta-commits, back out to save it. If he doesn't you could not have the call take (I think you probably could've just disconnected from the internet or something) and the call wouldn't take. You'd sign back in and re-enter the OD and the call had never happened. You'd call him and offer and again, if you didn't sign, you could glitch it again.

I'm pretty sure that this doesn't work anymore as I think as soon as you call a recruit, a flag in the game is set saying that the call started. If you get disconnected (either by trying to glitch or if you legitimately lose your internet connection) the game will end the call and take away the minutes and you won't be able to call him again this week.

As for your recruiting issues, there's 2 schools of thought on offering. You can get an instant commit when you offer a recruit that has you as #1 on his list. Because of that, I only offer when I'm #1 or when it's obvious that I'll never get to #1 without an offer or when he comes in to visit. If he's not due a visit and I'm not in danger of losing the recruit, I'll hold off on offering until I get to first, even though (in my experience) the chances of an instant commit are pretty small (it's probably around only 5% for me).

H to the Oza 11-07-2011 05:16 PM

Coming off back to back big ten championships (Michigan State) im still getting out recruited by Ohio St. and Michigan, both CPU controlled teams. Havent at all been able to have a 5 star show interest until year 3, which is fine. It adds a welcomed challenge. The only problem is Michigan finished in the basement of the Big 10 Legends, and Ohio St got taken over by a human opponent, and now hes getting all my recruits

PowerofRed25 11-07-2011 06:54 PM

There are just some programs that seem to dominate recruiting, Florida and Florida State seem to be two of those teams.

I tend to notice it by region, that one or two programs in each part of the country just get anyone they want. When I am playing as Nebraska, that school is Notre Dame. It doesn't matter what I do, Notre Dame gets whoever they want. I have had guys #1 to me, gone 60 minutes a week on them, and lost to Notre Dame who hasn't even offered them. Then when I try and get lesser recruits, it is Boise State all over them.

At Oklahoma State, it is Texas A&M jacking all my recruits. Not OU, not LSU, not Texas... Texas A&M. Never fails.

There really isn't a way to cheat recruiting any more now that calls are reported immediately after starting, some teams are just recruiting powerhouses in this game.

DownTownMcHale 11-07-2011 07:18 PM

There is a way when you remove a guy from your board then readd him you can off him a scholarship again even if you have already offers him