Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Purple's edited rosters for PS3 (/forums/showthread.php?t=523592)

Purplepower_NC 11-14-2011 09:33 PM

Purple's edited rosters for PS3

First, would like to thank Skillz and Playmaker's for the suggested ratings ideal and insight. Take a look at their thread on the main page "roster edits for better gameplay. I did about 95% of their suggested ideals.

The following have been or will be edited for all teams and players.

AWARENESS:

Each players awareness, is being put in the 70-90 range. Freshman fall between 70 - 75, Non-starter between 75-80, and Starters 80 - 85. Playmakers get a boost to 85 - 90, while AA go to 85 plus.

This way, players just don't stand around run out of bounds, or just play dumb. Also, they take a hit if you have to put in a non-starter.

SPEED:

All players speed has will be adjusted using their 40 times listed on draftscout, to be used with my speed chart. If you noticed on the default roster most teams are loaded with high 80's, and lots of 90's. I have seen 300 lb DT with 80 speed but his 40 time is in the 5.27 area. I tried to give a fair ratings to those players not listed on the site. If you feel someone is way to fast, to slow...just change your roster. I don't have the time to look up players from other sites, just to change him from a 85 to an 86.

Also, it seems that on the unedited roster, all playmakers, and AA have great speed, which is just not the case. With the correct 40's, you will still have the playmakers, AA, but their other skills make them who they are.

PURSUIT:

Pursuit just like speed plays a major part in the overall gameplay. Most of your DL's have very high rating. These have been adjusted down to the mid 60's and some in the 40's - 50's for those players over the 300 lbs unless they are truely an AA or playmaker. These edits help the overall run game.

SPECIAL TEAMS BLOCKING:

All LB's and Safetys have been given a rating to their run blocking skills to the 80's. This helps out the returns and KO, but getting the players to hold their blocks longer.

ZONE/MAN COVERAGE, PLAY RECOGNITION:

Each DB, Safety has been given a max of 85 and min of 60, depending on their class and being a starter. Of course the AA's and playmakers get a boost. This helps out both offensive and defensively as now the WR can get some space from the weaker DB's and tied in with the speed, the better DB's can shut down a weaker, slower WR.

WR's BLOCKING SKILLS:

All WR's run block skills have been raised. This help a great deal for the outside runs because now they can block the CB that keeps crashing in on sweeps, or outside runs. Sometimes they will still miss the blk, but now they at least make an attempt to block.

WR's ROUTE, AND RELEASE RATING:

This along with the DB's coverage adjustments, and speed will help out the passing game. Not every WR is a 90 speed, and not every CB is a 90 speed. Players get the space, if they are the better player.

ACC for LG, C, RG:

Finally, the acc rating for all Guards, and Centers have been put at 90 for the starters, and a very high 80 for the non-starters. This help these player to get off the ball during run plays, and along with the WR's blocking skills helps on those outside runs. All this help cut down on the DT blowing up the play in the backfield, along with the DT's pursuit ratings being dropped

As you can see, it is not just one rating, but several linked together that improves the overall game play. For those who want a different feel for the game, I hope you will at least give these a try. Also, most likely you will have to adjust the sliders. The players speed along has changed greatly. I tested these with default sliders on AA, coach mode.

Use the following ID: ddhorne

I hope to get some feedback as how the game plays with the edits.

I will update daily as more and more teams get done.

Also would like to than Sundown for working on the PAC-12, SEC.

gportillo52 11-14-2011 10:08 PM

Re: Purple's edited rosters for PS3

Bro would Love to test these out! When you complete, best believe I will donate a fund for your hard work!!.. Now my question.which teams/Conferences are complete?

Scott 11-14-2011 10:17 PM

I can answer the conference question, it's ACC, SEC, Big XII, Big Ten, Big East (I believe) and some of the PAC-12

Purplepower_NC 11-14-2011 10:23 PM

The teams listed in Red are complete. Blue, needs speed edits, with Black are untouched.

ACC

Florida State
NC State
Maryland
Clemson
Boston College
Wake Forest
Virginia Tech
Virginia
Miami
UNC
Georgia Tech
Duke

Big 12

Oklahoma
Texas A&M
Oklahoma State
Texas
Missouri
Texas Tech
Baylor
Iowa State
Kansas St.
Kansas

Big East

West Virgina
South Florida
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Cincinnati
Connecticut
Rutgers
Louisville

Big Ten

Purdue
Northwestern
Michigan St.
Iowa
Ohio State
Penn State
Illinois
Indiana
Wisconsin
Nebraska
Michigan
Minnesota

PAC - 12

Oregon
Washington
Colorado
Arizona
Arizona State
California
Utah
Stanford
Oregon State
Washington St.
USC
UCLA

SEC

Alabama
LSU
Auburn
South Carolina
Tennessee
Georgia
Ole Miss
Mississippi St.
Arkansas
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Flordia

Sun Belt

UL Monroe
UL Lafayett
North Texas
Arkansas St.
Troy
Florida Atlantic
FIU
Western Kentucky
Middle Tenn

WAC/MWC

Air Force
Boise State
Colorado State
Louisiana Tech
Hawaii
Fresno State
Idaho
Nevada
Utah St
UNLV
New Mexico State
San Jose St
San Diego St.
TCU
New Mexico
Wyoming

MAC

Ball State
Arkon
Bowling Green
Buffalo
Central Mich
Kent State
Eastern Michigan
Western Michigan
Toledo
Ohio
Northern IlL
Temple
Miamil

C-USA

UCF
UTEP
Tulane
Memphis
Marshall
UAB
Southern Miss
Rice
Tulsa
SMU
East Carolina
Houston

IND

Army
BYU
Notre Dame
Navy

Purplepower_NC 11-14-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gportillo52 (Post 2043087041)
Bro would Love to test these out! When you complete, best believe I will donate a fund for your hard work!!.. Now my question.which teams/Conferences are complete?

Hope this helps...wanted to do it this way, hope it makes it easier. And no need to donate....just want to make the game better.

Purplepower_NC 11-14-2011 10:38 PM

Also, wanted to say, I did not work on any of the depth charts, as I can't remember if I used Luv's basic set or Gators.

The depth chart changed after I did the edits, mostly on the 3rd/4th WR or RB. Most of the starters stayed the same.

LionsFanNJ 11-15-2011 01:39 PM

good stuff. Checking it out later tonight.

Purplepower_NC 11-15-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ (Post 2043088517)
good stuff. Checking it out later tonight.

Thanks, and hope you enjoy. Also, if anyone wants a team done that is not finished let me know.