Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Ravens Dynasty (/forums/showthread.php?t=524138)

AndyKisBoss 11-18-2011 11:12 PM

Ravens Dynasty

Decided to start a dynasty with the Ravens. They already have a stud defense, and with some offensive improvements I know I could make them into Super Bowl contenders.

Started Free Agency, and I tendered LG Jason Brown (82 overall) to a level 3 compensation, hoping to get a 2nd round pick out of him. Was thinking of using my 8th overall pick to get Joe Flacco, and in doing such chose my offense as the Patriots Air Strike because of his big arm. But in my scouting, I found out he had a 68 potential. Wow. That plans out the bag. Instead, I decided to go for either LG Brandon Albert or one of those high rated CB to play on the other side of Chris McCalister. But once FA started, I signed Nmadi Asamgua to a 5 year deal worth 41mil. So on draft day, I was 99% sure I was going to draft Albert. More to come.

AndyKisBoss 11-18-2011 11:27 PM

Re: Ravens Dynasty

Nmadi was the only FA i signed, due to my somewhat low salary cap of about 15mil left. But two 90+ rated corners are good for me! My biggest needs then were a starting LG, starting QB, and a starting DT. Now that i know Flacco sucks, I was going to draft Brandon Albert who i found out had a 94 potential in his indv. workout. Not sure what to do with my QB situation....perhaps change my philosophy for QBs to Mobile/Speed and start Troy smith and hopefully he can manage the season well.

Well on to draft day, and i was full and ready to draft Brandon Albert with my 8th overall pick. And thats where things got sticky.

Here are the first 7 picks
Miami: Jake Long
St Lous: Vernon Gholston
Broncos (trade): Chris Long
Raiders: Glenn Dorsey
Chiefs: Matt Ryan
Jets: Joe Flacco (good luck)
Patriots: Keith Rivers

...see my dillema? THE BEST PLAYER IS STILL AVAILABLE, DARREN MCFADDEN. Now, I already have Willis Mcgahee who is 88 overall, 89 potential, but my philosophy is take the best talent! i spent a good 5-6 minutes debating whether or not to take Mcfadden or just take Brandon Albert who i need. In the end....i took Mcfadden. No one else signed Jason Brown and he's a 82 overall with a decent potential so why the hell not. Here's my full draft day:

Day 1
Round 1
Pick 8: Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas

Round 2
Pick 6: DeSean Jackson, WR Cal

Round 3
Pick 9 (trade): Dre Moore, DT Maryland

Round 4
Pick 7: Craig Steltz, SS LSU

Round 5
Pick 8: Josh Johnson, QB San Diego

Round 6
Pick 7: Alexis Serna, K Oregon State

Round 7
Pick 8: Dwight Lowery, CB San Jose State

Solid draft i think....reached for a few guys but hey, I think it will be worth it. Looking for a 3 way battle at QB in the preseason with Troy Smith, Kyle Boller, and rookie Josh Johnson. Going to have one of the best 1-2 punches in the NFL for a good 5-6 years with McFadden and McGahee im hoping. Trying to think of a nickname for the 2 running backs...something with the "Mc" in their last names...any ideas? xD

AndyKisBoss 11-18-2011 11:34 PM

Played my first preseason game against the Patriots. Won with the final seconds winding down with a short field goal by Alexis Serna, 29-27. Josh Johnson and Troy Smith stood out the most of the 3 QBs

Josh Johnson: 4/5 107yds 1td 158.3 QB rating, but 4 rushes for -11yds
Troy Smith: 13/23 183yds 82.3 QB rating, 9 rushes for 59yds but 2 lost fumbles, 2pt conversion run
Kyle Boller: 6/10 54yds 1int 35.0 QB rating, 1 rush for 1 yard.

Everyone had their weaknesses, but Johnson and Smith really stood out in their first games. Both have a similar style, so we'll see who will beat eachother for that starting QB spot.

karatemanchan37 11-19-2011 02:45 AM

A McFadden-McGhee is a great 1-2 punch for your running game, but HC09 has a tendency to stink up RB's in general unfortunately. Is Johnson going to be your QBOTF?

AndyKisBoss 11-19-2011 11:23 AM

Thats somewhat true i suppose. And I'm not sure, im going to see what QBs are in the next draft class. My offense is Patriot Air Strike and that really doesnt fit the players i currently have, especially the quick footed Johnson. If I do have to stick with Johnson, I would need to reeeeally modify my offense to suit him

AndyKisBoss 11-19-2011 01:31 PM

Played my 2nd preseason game against the Vikings, and mannn was this a blow out. 83-0 final score, completely dominated by my Ravens. The opening kickoff, rookie DeSean Jackson returned the kick 90+ yards for a touchdown. Nmadi Asomghua, Ray Lewis, Chris McCallister, and Terrell Suggs all had takeaways for scores, and Troy Smith stood out the most of the QBs throwing 3 touchdowns. Both McFadden and McGahee averaged over 5.5 yards per carry for the game. The only mistake in the entire game was our first possession, when Kyle Boller threw a pick in the end zone to Darren Sharper. So far Troy Smith is in the lead for the starting QB job, McGahee at RB, DeSean Jackson and Demetrius Williams tied for the WR2 spot opposite Derrick Mason, and Nmadi Asomghua as the #1 ranked corner of this team. More to come.

Lonweld 11-19-2011 05:28 PM

Your first 3 rounds were really good. And getting Sernia, great move. Of course go with best available, same as I woulda done. McFadden is a beast in this game- he's pretty consistent at 5-7 ypg. Try him at kr. He's never broke one for me, but averaged 30+ per return.

AndyKisBoss 11-21-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonweld (Post 2043099509)
Your first 3 rounds were really good. And getting Sernia, great move. Of course go with best available, same as I woulda done. McFadden is a beast in this game- he's pretty consistent at 5-7 ypg. Try him at kr. He's never broke one for me, but averaged 30+ per return.

I think im going to stick with desean jackson and yamon figurs at KR for the moment, both have been really good. but if they struggle ill look into it. and thanks :-)