Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The longest you've played franchise mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=524874)

Boling4Humor 11-24-2011 08:55 AM

The longest you've played franchise mode

Back on Madden 2007 I played with Jake Plummer and the Broncs up until he retired. Also played with John Navarre (QB from MI) for some time as well. I played through about 16 seasons. Had it for 2 years though.

What's the longest you've played a franchise mode?

Armor and Sword 11-24-2011 09:19 AM

Re: The longest you've played franchise mode

Madden 2007 5 seasons with the Miami Dolphins.

Signed back Daunte Culpepper, traded for TJ Housyourmomma and he and Chris Chambers were killers on the outside along with Ronnie Brown tearing up the NFL.

I went 18-0 in year 3.

I still have that franchise saved on my PS2 memory card.

I am currently in Year three on Madden 12 and I intend on playing this game through Madden 13 as I have no intentions of purchasing any sports titles next year. So I can see Madden 12 as being one that will break 2007's record for most years in franchise.

I do not sim any games. I play every single pre-season and regular season and post season games for my team.

TNT713 11-24-2011 10:04 AM

Madden 2000... 1.5 seasons. Never understood the appeal. Still don't. Franchise, or any mode against the CPU, is boring.

Later

Woody19 11-24-2011 10:18 AM

Madden 12:

Browns Franchise: 4 seasons (became boring as my team was too good)
Bills Franchise: 2 seasons (stopped in season 2, as I wanted a challenge with a bad team like the hawks)
Hawks Franchise: 3 seasons (current franchise; great fun!)

So, 9 overall. I play all the gameS myself and don't sim.

PGaither84 11-24-2011 11:43 AM

I run simulated franchises for about 10 or so years before it starts getting too far into the future for my tastes. The NFL changes every year, and over a decade, it has changed a lot. Locations, uniforms, rules, equipment, what ever. Playing into year 15 or more is something I can't get myself to do. The NFL today is different in a number of ways than it was 15 years ago.

As far as playing the games, back in Madden 03 my friend and I played every game in a two man franchise through 4 full seasons. We played as each others opponents. We took the two lowest rated teams [Falcons and Texans] and wanted to see how well we could rebuild them. I took the Texans to back-to-back AFC championship games in the final two years or the four. The first time I lost to the Steelers in a blowout, and almost a shut out. The second time I lost to the Jets on the last play of the game. With a 4 point lead and having punted them inside the 10, I played prevent defense. On first down he rolled out and threw it away. On second down he completed a quick slant over the middle with Santana Moss and just stick skilled his way down field avoiding tacklers and using his speed to get in the endzone for the win.

Madden 04 had come out shortly before but we wanted to finish our franchise and do the offseason with dreams of what was to come.

Bballplaya72 11-24-2011 12:38 PM

Madden 06 for regular Xbox, I went 15 seasons with Dallas.

I had imported draft classes, and in my first two years ended up with players like Haloti Ngata, Antonio Cromartie, and some other player who turned my team around fast.

This was before Romo broke out, so I ended up trading a ton of picks in my 3rd year, and got the number one pick, a QB out of Michigan who ended up being a 99 after 3 years.

Julius Jones retired becoming the all-time NFL leading rusher hahahaha.

ernestoRIP 11-24-2011 02:49 PM

Played through six seasons in a franchise in this year's game. I simulate the regular seasons though, so things move quick for me.

Only thing I don't like is that the made up draft classes seem to repeat as you play franchise over and over, even though the names are different. It's easy to recognize players I've drafted in past franchises and then it's like I purposely try not to draft them so I'm not cheating the game (since I know who is the A QB who grows up to a 98 OVR).

I think I'm gonna move to a 32 team franchise and draft for all teams so I can get some more realism.

tragic22 11-26-2011 02:04 AM

I've only gone 3yrs max. Hard to go real far without simming a lot. I start to get bored.