Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   (The Future) MLB 14 The Show on Playstation 4? (/forums/showthread.php?t=525097)

tnixen 11-26-2011 11:13 AM

(The Future) MLB 14 The Show on Playstation 4?

There has been a lot of news stories about Playstation 4 this week. Apparently Sony says they do not want to be late to the party this time around like they were with the last console race.

And with reports that he next Xbox and Wii consoles releasing in 2013 this means there is a good chance the Playstation 4 will also be released by the end of 2013. So this also means that most likely MLB 14 The Show will be the first baseball game released for the playstation 4.

So with that in mind what improvments do you guys think could be made with MLB The Show on PS4 vs PS3?

Do you think the graphics can really improve much more then where they are currently at now? I mean I think the game already looks wonderful. In my opinion I don't think the graphics are going to take a big leap ahead of the current graphics Like how PS3 was vs PS2. Instead I expect the Sony developers to be able to do more on screen things then they currently can do on the PS3 becasue of the small amount of memory in the PS3.

Some examples of things I expect that can be done on PS4.

1. All players wearing their own uniforms in the All Star game.
2. All the championship flags flown in all the statiums.
3. No more twins in the crownd
4. Bat Boys,Ball Girls/Ball Boys.
All this and more without the hit on the Frame Rate :cheers:
Sony: it would be "undesirable" for PS4 to launch significantly later than the competition
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...he-competition

noseeumcreek 11-26-2011 11:38 AM

Re: (The Future) MLB 14 The Show on Playstation 4?

You could finally see create-a-team possibility. Not only that, but the possibility to just add a team to the existing plate of teams (without replacing one like in Madden) and manage the league schedule however you want to with the new team. You may get the option (without going online), to make the schedule have no inter-league play and for some divisions to be a little more uneven like NL Central currently is for a short time.

Of course, if you do all of this, you would have to create two minor league teams as well to support said new team. Would be neat to have fictional teams in unique towns of your choosing.

Seems like Playstation 4 could have the memory capacity to make something like this feasible.

The Kid 24 11-26-2011 11:44 AM

What are the differences between PS3 and PS4?

tnixen 11-26-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Kid 24 (Post 2043116078)
What are the differences between PS3 and PS4?

Not known yet.

However I expect a lot more memory compared to the PS3 at the very least.

The Kid 24 11-26-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnixen (Post 2043116085)
Not known yet.

However I expect a lot more memory compared to the PS3 at the very least.

Ok got ya.

Ghoste 11-26-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnixen (Post 2043116005)
There has been a lot of news stories about Playstation 4 this week. Apparently Sony says they do not want to be late to the party this time around like they were with the last console race.

And with reports that he next Xbox and Wii consoles releasing in 2013 this means there is a good chance the Playstation 4 will also be released by the end of 2013. So this also means that most likely MLB 14 The Show will be the first baseball game released for the playstation 4.

So with that in mind what improvments do you guys think could be made with MLB The Show on PS4 vs PS3?

Do you think the graphics can really improve much more then where they are currently at now? I mean I think the game already looks wonderful. In my opinion I don't think the graphics are going to take a big leap ahead of the current graphics Like how PS3 was vs PS2. Instead I expect the Sony developers to be able to do more on screen things then they currently can do on the PS3 becasue of the small amount of memory in the PS3.

Some examples of things I expect that can be done on PS4.

1. All players wearing their own uniforms in the All Star game.
2. All the championship flags flown in all the statiums.
3. No more twins in the crownd
4. Bat Boys,Ball Girls/Ball Boys.
All this and more without the hit on the Frame Rate :cheers:
Sony: it would be "undesirable" for PS4 to launch significantly later than the competition
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...he-competition

Sounds good to me! Of your list, I really like for there to be bat boys, ball girls, and even those older folks who retrieve foul balls and toss them in the stands. Along with the 'no twins', the addition of child models would go a long way as well. If it can do those kinds of things, even add better graphics and also be nearly bug-free, then it will be just a ridiculous game!

I'm not a tech guy but does anyone have an opinion on the beginning of game-making for a new system, that it really takes a while to tap into the potential of the console? So then it would truly take a 2nd game (MLB 15) to be 'the great game'?

-ghoste

ILurk 11-26-2011 03:12 PM

I'd bet a hundred bucks the SCEA development team already has plans for the PS4 version. The memory limitation on the PS3 sucks - 512MB isn't a lot of texture memory, which is why most games looks like hell texture wise on PS3 and 360.

tnixen 11-26-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILurk (Post 2043116661)
I'd bet a hundred bucks the SCEA development team already has plans for the PS4 version. The memory limitation on the PS3 sucks - 512MB isn't a lot of texture memory, which is why most games looks like hell texture wise on PS3 and 360.

I expect the PS4 to have at least 4GB of memory or more.