Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   2k12 is incredibly frustrating (/forums/showthread.php?t=526232)

KGDunks 12-03-2011 08:40 PM

2k12 is incredibly frustrating

I normally love playing 2k as soon as I get it. This year it's been a little different. Partly because of the lockout but mainly because of how frustrating this year's version of the game is. Here's why it's frustrating:
The Passing system is broken. You have no control over the pass I mean if you use the left stick to pass to the right they throw it into the paint to the big guy? Even when I use icons it still sucks. I want to be able to control the type of pass I throw and the power of the pass. In this game there is no difference between average passers and great passers like Steve Nash.

The second reason is that the pick and roll in NBA 2k12 sucks.
Look at this play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXPbITMqfVM
This type of thing is not achievable in 2k12 because of the poor passing system and because the pick and roll sucks. Every time I run a pick and roll and could easily throw a wrap around bounce pass to the roll man the point guard throws it into the defender. It really pisses me off.

My third point is that every player plays the same way in my opinion. Every player drives to the basket with a spin move and then up and unders. This is so unrealistic and it cheeses me off because they normally draw a foul. The other move they always do is a step back move and then they pump fake. I've never seen the CPU pump fake so much in an NBA game.

Anyone who says the fast break is great in 2k12 is flat out lying. I've had so many instances where it's been a 2 on 1 fast break and I turned it over. The worse one was when I had a two one one fast break with the showtime Lakers. I was Magic and I had Kareem running in front of me. Terry Porter was the defender. Anytime the Lakers got an opportunity like that in the real life they would always score. But no in 2k I get close to the key go to throw to a 7'2 center over a 6'3 guard with a 6'9 guard what does Magic do? He throws it into Porter.

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous every year we have to wait months for a big patch and even still this kind of stuff won't be fixed. They better add a new pick and roll system and a new passing system in 2k13 because the current systems suck.

jayman504 12-03-2011 09:14 PM

Re: 2k12 is incredibly frustrating

your not alone this game is extremely frustrating... ..from CPU's esp defence.....to the bobble the ball animation every time you try and run a fast break. I wonder sometimes if the dudes that make this game really play it after its finished....and don't get me started on the worthless push the ball gimmick

KGDunks 12-03-2011 09:18 PM

Yeah the push the ball animation is completely stupid and useless. We should be able to sprint without using that animation.

jayman504 12-03-2011 09:25 PM

your player has to stop first....before pushing the ball....and that's when he's already running .....lmao,....totally stupid

Flightwhite24 12-03-2011 09:30 PM

I partly agree wtih you KG on the lockout and all as I lost interest in this game but overall this years version is better and that's just my opinion and I'm not knocking you because I wish you could get the same experience as far as satisfaction with this game.

I've been playing ball for over 35 years and nothing I mean nothing has come close to the game I've loved for so long in video gaming until 2K12. I don't expect this game to play exactly like our real-life counterparts but I do expect it to resemble it if you understand where I'm coming from.

I think for me is I remember its a video game and probably thats the reason I don't have a lot of the issues that some do.

Hopefully for you KG and others who are not as pleased with this years effort due to the issues that this game is causing you, the upcoming patch hopefully cures the problems.

Keep gaming and hope it gets better. Peace!!

Jesus 12-03-2011 10:25 PM

Pop in 2k11, press right on the d-pad and choose pick and roll

-players space the floor

- the roll man rolls quickly to the basket

-the screen is solid and the defenders dont dismiss it as if they have eyes in the back of their head.

pop in 2k12, call for a screen

- teammates begin to move after you try to turn the corner

- the onball defender can go under and dismiss the screen and cut off the drive all by himself...all while back pedling

- you are forced to hesitate before you can really go hard off the screen

- the roll man defender rarely commits to the ball handler which should be horrible defense, but because the onball defender is super-man its not.

stillfeelme 12-03-2011 11:13 PM

1. Pick and roll quick play is so bad that I don't even call it anymore because the CPU is capable of playing defense that is not possible then you couple it with the passing and you have a scenario setup for you not even call it because it is more likely to be a turnover. Your roller can be open but you will throw the wrong type of pass. The ony tip I can give is you are better off calling a play in the playbook that has a pick and roll as it is more likely to not get stolen. I hope they patch this and bring the CPU back to reality and have the help defense help on the pick and roll. Right now one defender can stop the roll by himself.

2. Fast breaks I agree the CPU is just doing things that again are not possible. 1 defender can defend the alleyoop the pass and the play with little to no problem. I have seen Steve Nash tip the alley oop that just screams "Come on Son"! Your CPU controlled teammates don't fill the lane correctly as well either, and the passes man again.

The game right now is setup to purposely nueter you for difficulty purposes or put you in the right place where it can either defend or stop you. I have seen to many WTH passing moments, superhuman CPU defense across the board, dumb user controlled CPU AI. I will say this though 2K appears to be tweaking something because I started to see more hip riding occurences when quicker guys were matched up against centers today.

Tim187J 12-04-2011 12:18 AM

Try Some custom made sliders for your offline play. For online I can't help you there were just gonna have to wait for a patch to come out.