Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Basketball Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   A Dual Career Coaching Legacy (/forums/showthread.php?t=526978)

HarkTheSound 12-09-2011 02:49 AM

A Dual Career Coaching Legacy

Me and Roggie will be chronicling our College Hoops 2K8 legacy in this thread. I don't think I have seen a thread yet with two people from the same dynasty, so this will definitely be a unique one.

Some quick information:

We play on the Xbox 360.

We did not chronicle Season 1 as I wish we had, but from Season 2 on we will post.

I am using Texas Southern, my friend Roggie is using UC Davis. We play EVERY game. And trust us when we say this: Our sliders are pretty damn challenging. If you would like to check em out, I'll post them for you.

Only house rule for recruiting is that we're only allowed to recruit one world player per season.

We share the file through the 2KShare, so if anyone wants to check it out you can look it up based on our gamertags. Mine is WutZ KraKaLaKin and Roggie's is Bacon Strips x5. We come up with stupid and often times immature file names, so bear with us on that. :)

We're looking forward to sharing our dynasty with you guys! We're both aspiring sports writers who are currently in college, so reporting our games is definitely something we love to do. Hope you guys enjoy it!

HarkTheSound 12-09-2011 11:48 AM

Re: A Dual Career Coaching Legacy

Head Coach Logan Martinez's Records, Coach Awards, and Career Accomplishments:

2007 - Texas Southern: 19-13 (13-5)

2008 - Texas Southern: 25-8 (14-4)
  • Regular Season/Conference Tourney Champs
  • SWAC Coach of the Year
  • #12 Seed; 2nd Round of the NCAA Tournament

Roggie 12-09-2011 11:50 AM

Head Coach Tyler Rogoff's Records, Accomplishments, and Awards:

2007: UC Davis 14-14 (10-6)

2008: UC Davis 15-16 (6-10, conference tournament champs, 16 seed, loss to 1 seed Florida in first round)

HarkTheSound 12-09-2011 12:03 PM

Player Award Winners (Coached by Logan Martinez)

2007:
  • SG Lawrence Danner-Johnson (Conference Freshman of the Year, First-Team All-Conference)
  • PF Travele Jones (First-Team All-Conference)

2008:
  • SG Lawrence Danner-Johnson (Conference Player of the Year, First-Team All-Conference)
  • C Laurence Garza (First-Team All-Conference, Conference Freshman of the Year, Freshman All-Conference)
  • PF Keithtrick Denson (First-Team All-Conference)
  • PG Austen Mitchell (Freshman All Conference)

Roggie 12-09-2011 12:07 PM

Player Award Winners (Coached by Tyler Rogoff)

2007:

PG Todd Lowenthal (Second-Team All-Conference)

C Mike Kurtz (Conference Freshman of the Year, Second-Team All-Conference)

2008:

SF Jimmy Murphy (Conference Freshman of the Year, Second-Team All-Conference, Freshman All-Conference)

PF Gerard Lettenberger (Freshman All-Conference)

C Manourou Gakou (First-Team All-Conference, Freshman All-Conference)

HarkTheSound 12-09-2011 12:11 PM

Personal "Hall of Fame" Players

Roggie 12-09-2011 12:15 PM

Rogoff's Personal Hall of Fame Players

Roggie 12-09-2011 12:50 PM

Season 1 Recap:

Getting dismantled in the opening game by New Mexico State was not a good sign, but was expected nonetheless. Keeping it close with Texas two days later, though, was a shocker and a confidence builder, leading to the first win against Nicholls State. After a few more losses with a win sprinkled in, we hit the end of the Early Signing Period, where I nabbed a PG (Rank 179), Ibrahim Daniel, out of Palo Alto, CA, and a PF (Rank 436), Gerard Lettenberger out of Vallejo, CA (The home of athletes such as Jahvid Best, Jeff Gordon, CC Sabathia, DeMarcus Nelson, and Joey Chestnut). Little did we know at the time what this early recruiting momentum would lead to.

Following the end of signing week, we continued our losing ways, topped with a 40 point drubbing at the hands of UCLA. Wimpering into conference play at 3-7, the expected L came at the hands of UC Riverside. But the team finally hit their stride and won back to back games, before losing two in a row. Sick of continual *** kickings, the team got together in practice and picked up the pace, finally starting to play to their talent level, which led to a 6 game winning streak.

Another loss to UC Riverside separated the 6 game streak from a 3 game streak, but then the last two games of the regular season ended as losses, costing us a chance at the conference championship and a bid into the NIT. Senior go-to player Todd Lowenthal lost all touch from three, dropping his season 3 point percentage from 46 to 38 in the last 4 games.

In the first game of the conference tournament, the game was close up to the last two minutes, when everybody forgot how to shoot, and the season was over in embarrassing fashion.

But, there was still offseason recruiting.

The two big name in-state guys that Coach Rogoff had been talking to all season still had yet to receive offers from any big time schools. JR Juco PF Stacey McNamara (Municipal recruit) and SF (Rank 50) Jimmy Murphy (Local recruit) weren't receiving any interest from any school besides UC Davis, and with both wanting to stay close to home, they ended up signing with the Aggies in the offseason, along with World PF Mandurou Gakou, who will convert to center.

"I was absolutely shocked when we received the faxes with signed LOIs from Stacey and Jimmy. At first, I thought someone was pulling a prank on me. I figured there was no way players of their talent would want to play for a raw coach and a program that struggled the previous season. Jimmy is going to become the go-to player on offense his first day with his touch from behind the arc and will see a lot of time at off guard as well as the three, while Stacey will finally give us that inside post presence we've been lacking. I'm also really excited to get Ibrahim, Gerard, and Mandurou finally in to practice. Ibrahim will play a major role this season, with only one point guard returning. Mandurou will step in as a backup center with a chance at starting, while Gerard will bring much needed depth in the paint."