Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   2011 season roster, 24 full teams, (/forums/showthread.php?t=527270)

AVONFTW 12-11-2011 05:23 AM

2011 season roster, 24 full teams,

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the full roster. The ratings, not just abilities, are edited on this roster. If you want to edit abilities, you will have to give them to the player in the roster editor, make them available by changing their cap from 04 to 05 and then edit them in game so the abilities take place, then go back in the editor and adjust the ratings again. The ravens are the playable team, they have 2 fake players i put on their but you can edit them, chris carr and a 3rd RB. the whole ravens roster is available in the edit player menu.
CPU TEAMS
Packers
Vikings
Lions
Bears
Colts
texans
jags
titans
bills
jets
pats
steelers
bengals
RAVENS ***
broncos
raiders
chargers
giants
eagles
cowboys
bucs
saints
falcons
panthers

Also included is the offsets for every player, but they are not named, they are listed by team, if you know how the positions work you'll know what to do. If you want to change user team you can just edit the ravens to the team you want to play with. You can load it in finns editor to check the ratings and adjust them if you want.

And if you don't want to use the ravens, let me know, I will change the uniform for you but you will have to edit the players.

SportsGuy53 12-11-2011 10:36 AM

Re: 2011 season roster, 24 full teams,

This is GREAT!!!!
Thank You SOOO Much!!!
Now down the road I would Like to take these teams and edit them to make old time teams.. Ex: Ravens to 2000 Ravens or Steelers to 75 Steelers or Giants to 86 Giants.. How do I do this? Just edit them in Finns Editor?

shogunofharlem3 12-11-2011 08:57 PM

Great work. I looked around a bit but didn't see much as far a tutorials go. I do know how to use xport but my question is how does this roster file work?

When I drag it onto the 360 HDD will I have access to all the teams? I think the game only allows for 8 created teams.

I do a lot of editing on NHL 2k10, check it out if you haven't recently, its playing great. Love APF 2k8 and am very intrigued, just not sure exactly how this works.

AVONFTW 12-12-2011 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
No access to all the teams just the user team, I made this to play a season.

If you want to make all time teams, you can use the list of offsets for each player, change the highlighted 04 fr each player to 05, then they'll show up in the edit player screen, there you can edit the names, then go back in finns roster and edit there ratings. The players on the user created team are always at the bottom of the list in finns editor.

Edit: also only 42 show up in the edit player screen at a time, that's the full roster for a team.

Sandbox 12-13-2011 07:57 PM

As a 2k8 and Ravens fan I thank you for this file. And I'm guessing you're also a Ravens fan since that's the user team you worked on. Sorry for nitpicking but some of the players are in the wrong positions. I totally understand if you don't feel like fixing it but in case you do here's the depth chart.

Jaaa 12-13-2011 08:18 PM

I love you. No, really. I love you.

AVONFTW 12-14-2011 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandbox (Post 2043169024)
As a 2k8 and Ravens fan I thank you for this file. And I'm guessing you're also a Ravens fan since that's the user team you worked on. Sorry for nitpicking but some of the players are in the wrong positions. I totally understand if you don't feel like fixing it but in case you do here's the depth chart.

I edited arthur jones to DT. I don't see any others unless you mean suggs and kruger and they are OLB even though suggs line sup mostly at DE. YOU can just sub him in that position.

I updated the file, I took the fake names off the ravens, and the PBP names are now either said correctly or they say the number. And there is also a text with the PBP name codes.

Sandbox 12-14-2011 05:45 AM

Just tried your new roster, some players went missing(Tandon Doss) and Ed Reed changed his last name to Wilson. Anyways here are the fixes:

3-4 scheme:

The players I can't slide over on the depth chart from within the game are:
RE: should be Ngata w/ Jones as a backup
DT: should be Cody w/ Mckinney as a backup
LE: is correct.

I know on the real life depth chart that Ngata and Mckinney are listed as Defensive Tackle, but in the game that has them starting where a Nose Tackle should start. So the changes I just described would make an accurate representation of the Ravens 3-4 D-Line in the game.

In other words look at the Ravens team depth chart and swap out the words like so:
(DT)Real life actually (RE) in 2k8.
(NT)Real life actually (DT) in 2k8.
(DE)Real life actually (LE) in 2k8.

The players that are in there wrong positions that I can fix within the games depth chart are:

All of the linebackers are actually in the opposite position to what they play in real life.
Suggs should be ROLB not Johnson and vice versa
Lewis should be in the other ILB position and vice versa

To remember where the players belong look at it like this:
The (RE)Ngata should line up to the left side of the Quarterback.
The (ROLB)Suggs should line up to the left side of the Quarterback.
The (LOLB)Johnson should line up to the right side of the Quarterback, etc.

Offense:

All of the offensive lineman are also in opposite positions to what they play in real life:
Mckinney and Oher should swap.
Grubbs and Yanda should swap.

Basically what it seems like happened is that you accidentally got the right/left players mixed up.
The best way to make an accurate depth chart is really just to look at Maddens, at least that's one aspect of football madden gets right.

There are still minor fixes that can be made aside from those that I listed, like a few missing players that are low on the depth charts, so not a big deal. Though if you want I can list the entire depth chart in 2k8 terms if you're not sure where the players should be.

Again I apologize for sounding unappreciative, but trust me I am. Thanks a bunch for working on this file.

EDIT: Here's a good depth chart from NFL.com that shows where each players should be on the field. Also while playing a game I looked at the steelers offensive line and it looks backwards as well with Max Starks who is a Left Tackle starting on the right side. So this left/right issue might be across the board for all of the teams.

On another note do you have a paypal account?