Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Basketball Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   An Alternate College Basketball Universe (College Hoops 2k5 & 2k8) (/forums/showthread.php?t=527373)

fnz21 12-11-2011 06:59 PM

An Alternate College Basketball Universe (College Hoops 2k5 & 2k8)

Looking for things to delete on my old PS2 Memory Cards and came across this little gem on College Hoops 2k5. But first, an explanation.
On Janury 1st, 2001, the NCAA, in conjunction with the NBA, passes a mandate saying that a player must attend college for four years in order to play in the NBA. That, or enter the draft as an international player, which requires 4 year of playing overseas. A number of former NBA players are bankrupt and seeking money from the league. The league's answer was to have every player earn a degree, so that they can enjoy a life after basketball. (I don't know if this was my exact reasoning back in the day, but it sounds pretty similar)

As it turns out, my season was practically over, so all I have left are conference tournaments, which I will sim eventually and post the Selection Sunday results here.

So, what does it mean? It means every player that left for the NBA early (or out of high school) are back in college, assuming they had eligibility remaining in the 04-05 season. Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Tyson Chandler, Eddy Curry, Kwame Brown, Luol Deng, the list goes on. Some transfers even ended up on their old teams (I'm pretty sure this just ended up being James White returning to Florida though) They're all back in college. While I finish up my NCAA Football 12 Tournament, I'll post an alternate history for the NCAA Season right here, and some NBA Draft do-overs as well for fun. And I'll begin posting the college recruiting signings. I won't reveal how I decided who was on what team, but you should be able to figure it out after a few of them.

So, in review, My first official posts will be a review of the of the alternate seasons. 2001-02 through 2003-04. Then Selection Sunday + a season review for the 2004-05 season (played on College Hoops 2k5). After that you'll get two more alternate seasons (2005-06, 2006-07) and then the story continues on College Hoops 2k8 (Oden & Durant return! The Florida Gators Dynasty - or where they a dynasty?-comes back!) Something else to note, all recruits end up going to the schools they all went to, unless they didn't go to college.

Anyway, hope I get some more commentary on here than my NCAA 12 Football Tournament.

Look forward to posting more of this!

fnz21 12-15-2011 06:54 PM

Re: An Alternate College Basketball Universe (College Hoops 2k5 & 2k8)

College Commitments prior to the 2001-2002 season.
C Kwame Brown - Florida
C DeSagana Diop - Ohio State
C Tyson Chandler - UCLA
C Eddy Curry - DePaul

Led by the trio of Gilbert Arenas, Richard Jefferson, & Michael Wright, with major contributions from Jason Gardner, Arizona wins the National Championship, beating Maryland in the Final. Kansas and Michigan State also participated in the Final Four.
First Team All-Americans
G Steve Logan - Cincinnati
G Jason Williams - Duke
G Juan Dixon - Maryland
F Drew Gooden - Kansas
F Michael Wright - Arizona

Second Team All-Americans
G Dan Dickau - Gonzaga
G Jason Richardson - Michigan State
G/F Casey Jacobsen - Stanford
F Sam Clancy - USC
F Carlos Boozer - Duke

Scarycuse 12-15-2011 07:31 PM

Awesome idea. I'll definitely check this out dude

fnz21 12-16-2011 06:52 PM

The 2002-2003 Season
College Commitments
F/C Amar'e Stoudemire - Memphis

Conference USA has a strong showing, placing both Marquette (led by Dwyane Wade and Travis Diener) and Memphis (led by Amar'e Stoudemire and Dajuan Wagner) in the Final Four. Neither would make the Championship Game, as, just like in real life, Syracuse beats Kansas and wins the title, with Most Outstanding Player Carmelo Anthony letting the nation know that he's ready to win three more.
All-Americans
First Team
G Jason Williams - Duke - Senior
G Dwyane Wade - Marquette - Junior
G TJ Ford - Texas - Sophomore
F Carlos Boozer - Duke - Senior
F Drew Gooden - Kansas - Senior

Second Team
G Frank Williams - Illinois - Senior
G Hollis Price - Oklahoma - Senior
F Carmelo Anthony - Syracuse - Freshman
F Chris Wilcox - Maryland - Sophomore
F Amar'e Stoudemire - Memphis - Freshman

fnz21 12-17-2011 09:24 PM

2003-2004 Season
College Commitments
F Lebron James - Ohio State
F Travis Outlaw - Cincinnati
F Ndudi Ebi - Oklahoma
C James Lang - Kentucky
C Kendrick Perkins - Memphis

St. Joseph's becomes a Cinderella of sorts, despite being a Number 1 Seed, as they're bandwagon fills up on their ride to the Final Four, with sharpshooting guard Delonte West and All-American guard Jameer Nelson leading the way, while Sophomore Sensation Carmelo Anthony leading the Orangemen to the Final Four, and taking home the Wooden Award too. A Chris Bosh-led George Tech squad, makes it all the way to the Championship only to lose by single digits to Caron Butler, Emeka Okafor, and their Connecticut Crew, as the Huskies cut down the nets.

All Americans
First Team
G TJ Ford - Texas - Junior
G Dwyane Wade - Marquette - Senior
F Carmelo Anthony - Syracuse - Sophomore
F Zach Randolph - Michigan State - Senior
C Emeka Okafor - Connecticut - Junior

Second Team
G Jameer Nelson - St. Joseph's -Senior
G Andre Emmett - Texas Tech - Senior
F Ryan Gomes - Providence - Junior
F Amar'e Stoudemire - Memphis - Sophomore
F Lebron James - Ohio State - Freshman

superjames1992 12-19-2011 04:56 AM

Interesting idea. I'll be following along! :)

fnz21 12-21-2011 09:38 PM

College Commitments prior to the 2004-05 season.
Sebastian Telfair - Louisville
Dorrell Wright - DePaul
Shaun Livingston - Duke
Robert Swift - USC
Al Jefferson - Arkansas
Josh Smith - Indiana
Dwight Howard - Georgia Tech
Jackie Butler - Mississippi State
JR Smith - North Carolina

fnz21 12-22-2011 01:35 PM

All Americans
First Team
G Deron Williams - Illinois - Junior
F Lebron James - Ohio State - Sophomore
F Carmelo Anthony - Syracuse - Junior
F Lawrence Roberts - Mississippi State - Senior
C Emeka Okafor - Connecticut - Senior

Second Team
G Chris Paul - Wake Forest - Sophomore
G John Lucas III - Oklahoma State - Senior
F Amar'e Stoudemire - Memphis - Junior
F Chris Bosh - Georgia Tech - Junior