Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Edits to fix up this game (/forums/showthread.php?t=530765)

RAZRr1275 01-02-2012 08:47 PM

Edits to fix up this game

1 Attachment(s)
So after some discussions with gametape, Trojan Man, and some work by myself we've reached a conclusion on how to make this game play a lot better.

First is the pass rush. Gametape came up with this. The issue is that the interior offensive lineman need to have their pass block, pass block strength, and footwork ratings at 99. I know this seems extreme but it's the only way to nerf the DTs in the pass rush so it comes from the edge. To make the DTs that can penetrate do their thing only elite pass rush dts (Geno Atkins, Suh) can have any moves. All other DTs should not have bull rush, swim, or spin moves.

Second is super LBs. Courtesy of myself Jump ratings need to come down by 20 for all lbs and all LBs need to be changed to plays the ball conservatively This stops their flying ints and super human swats.

Third is bad tackling animations. Trojan Man came up with this one. Hit power needs to be cranked down by 20 for all players and big hitter traits need to be removed. Big hits will still happen but you won't get the WWE slamdown animation every other tackle.

Fourth is lack of tackles. The lack of tackles is due to two problems that I figured out. One is a slider issue that run reaction needs to be set high. The other is in an issue in D lineman taking tackles from LBs and Safeties. The problem here is that lineman's pursuit ratings need to go down into the 60s for lineman that are everywhere and to the 40s for really heavy slow lineman. That decreases their range and allows linebackers and safeties to shoot gaps instead of lineman doing that 180 in nanoseconds animation to tackle the back from behind.

As such I would recommend starting with this slider set and going from there

40/50
0/0
40/40
50/50
30/60
20/20
0/0
20/25
100/100
100/100
0/0
60/40

The cpu run game may need boosting but this is a good start. The sliders are a hybrid of work that Gametape, Trojan, and I came up with.

Please make these edits, test, and post stats/impressions

EDIT: The uploaded file has the Giants, Cowboys, Patriots, Packers, and Broncos fully tiered - Test with them and the sliders that I posted and put impressions and stats in this thread Thanks
Thanks

RAZRr1275 01-03-2012 08:13 PM

Re: Edits to fix up this game

So I come with another find

This is with the awareness and play recognition ratings - Results will follow later

Tier 1 90+ This tiering belongs to teams highest tackler - Whoever their tackle man is should have rating here. Note - for 3-4 sets if both mlbs are up top they should both go in the 90s. Leave this for only linebackers unless a safety that is a known ball hawk is leading the team in tackles.

Tier 2 80+ This is where The stud dbs go - This is the guy that doesn't lead the team in tackles but has a reputation for being wherever the ball is. The Nick Collins and Earl Thomas types of the world. Note. If there are lbs who aren't tackling as much as the top guy but still are pretty high they can also go in this range.

Tier 3 - 70+ This is where the good but not great db who has an awareness above this number already goes. That way they'll play around the ball but won't be everywhere. Also in this range are guys like Von Miller who gets a moderate amount of tackles but whose game doesn't center around it. Elite pass rushers should get a 70-75 rating - That way they'll be around the qb but won't suck up tackles

Tier 4 - 70- This is where the lineman go. If they're known for being everywhere - BJ Raji, Vince Wilfork, Peppers give them a 75 as a ceiling. If they're not in that group their awareness should be in the 60s or below.

Tomorrow my goal will be to see how this applies to offense as well - I noticed playing against the pats they don't get Gronk and Hernandez involved a lot - I'm going to see if a boost in awareness and prc will get Brady to look their way.

DJ Williams led tackles with 10
Champ tied presumably because I threw toward him a decent amount and he had the highest awareness for dbs and thus made lots of plays
The fast guy was 2nd with 7 presumably because of his moderate awareness and mobility
For me Mayo led with tackles with 7 of them
Von Miller got a moderate 6 tackles due to his 70s awareness and prc
All dbs except champ and dawkins got below 5 tackles

And the number that you're waiting for

Highest d lineman tackler had 2 tackles. In fact, d lineman only accounted for 12 of all of the tackles

Also I'm going to mess with different tiering for different level defense. For ex the texans would operate on a higher scale for the bucs. The texans lead tackler would be higher which allows the other players to be set higher . For the bucs instead of starting the scale in the 90s i might start it in the 80s. The tiered feature means taht the highest rated guy on a bad defensive team gets the lion's share of the tackles but still plays in a more mediocre fashion overall.

Can some people test this this out/comment? I don't want this to be the razr's ramblings on ratings thread - this stuff takes a while to type out

moose616 01-03-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAZRr1275 (Post 2043231117)
So I come with another find

This is with the awareness and play recognition ratings - Results will follow later

Tier 1 90+ This tiering belongs to teams highest tackler - Whoever their tackle man is should have rating here. Note - for 3-4 sets if both mlbs are up top they should both go in the 90s. Leave this for only linebackers unless a safety that is a known ball hawk is leading the team in tackles.

Tier 2 80+ This is where The stud dbs go - This is the guy that doesn't lead the team in tackles but has a reputation for being wherever the ball is. The Nick Collins and Earl Thomas types of the world. Note. If there are lbs who aren't tackling as much as the top guy but still are pretty high they can also go in this range.

Tier 3 - 70+ This is where the good but not great db who has an awareness above this number already goes. That way they'll play around the ball but won't be everywhere. Also in this range are guys like Von Miller who gets a moderate amount of tackles but whose game doesn't center around it. Elite pass rushers should get a 70-75 rating - That way they'll be around the qb but won't suck up tackles

Tier 4 - 70- This is where the lineman go. If they're known for being everywhere - BJ Raji, Vince Wilfork, Peppers give them a 75 as a ceiling. If they're not in that group their awareness should be in the 60s or below.

Tomorrow my goal will be to see how this applies to offense as well - I noticed playing against the pats they don't get Gronk and Hernandez involved a lot - I'm going to see if a boost in awareness and prc will get Brady to look their way.

DJ Williams led tackles with 10
Champ tied presumably because I threw toward him a decent amount and he had the highest awareness for dbs and thus made lots of plays
The fast guy was 2nd with 7 presumably because of his moderate awareness and mobility
For me Mayo led with tackles with 7 of them
Von Miller got a moderate 6 tackles due to his 70s awareness and prc
All dbs except champ and dawkins got below 5 tackles

And the number that you're waiting for

Highest d lineman tackler had 2 tackles. In fact, d lineman only accounted for 12 of all of the tackles

Also I'm going to mess with different tiering for different level defense. For ex the texans would operate on a higher scale for the bucs. The texans lead tackler would be higher which allows the other players to be set higher . For the bucs instead of starting the scale in the 90s i might start it in the 80s. The tiered feature means taht the highest rated guy on a bad defensive team gets the lion's share of the tackles but still plays in a more mediocre fashion overall.

Can some people test this this out/comment? I don't want this to be the razr's ramblings on ratings thread - this stuff takes a while to type out

Hey RAZR

I'm intrigued to see how this turns out. Since these issues are ones I have noticed for a while now, especially the LBs. I'm working on a roster set and would consider incorporating some of this into my ratings if it comes out accurate.

Is there anything I can help with?

RAZRr1275 01-03-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moose616 (Post 2043231321)
Hey RAZR

I'm intrigued to see how this turns out. Since these issues are ones I have noticed for a while now, especially the LBs. I'm working on a roster set and would consider incorporating some of this into my ratings if it comes out accurate.

Is there anything I can help with?

Thanks for the reply - If possible could you add the d and o lineman edits to a roster and then test the tiering system according to tackle stats for either this year or your classic roster that you're working on and post stats that would be great for this round of testing. I'm working with Trojan Man on this as well so we'll also be active in this thread. If you don't mind could you use my sliders as well? That would remove sliders as a possible variable.

moose616 01-03-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAZRr1275 (Post 2043231398)
Thanks for the reply - If possible could you add the d and o lineman edits to a roster and then test the tiering system according to tackle stats for either this year or your classic roster that you're working on and post stats that would be great for this round of testing. I'm working with Trojan Man on this as well so we'll also be active in this thread. If you don't mind could you use my sliders as well? That would remove sliders as a possible variable.

Ah, so this hasn't actually been completed yet. I was thinking that if you already have made the edits, I could download the roster and test it out. I'm not sure I'll have the time to make all the edits myself since I'm working on my '93 rosters.

If you do get something to share, I'd be more than happy to test and provide feedback.

RAZRr1275 01-03-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moose616 (Post 2043231526)
Ah, so this hasn't actually been completed yet. I was thinking that if you already have made the edits, I could download the roster and test it out. I'm not sure I'll have the time to make all the edits myself since I'm working on my '93 rosters.

If you do get something to share, I'd be more than happy to test and provide feedback.

Sounds good - I'll tier up a couple teams tomorrow and that will be 4 for you and others to test with. You'll have the Patriots and Broncos to mess with. Any requests for the next two?

JB443 01-03-2012 09:51 PM

So what are you trying to accomplish?

Great idea with the OL btw

RAZRr1275 01-03-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB443 (Post 2043231551)
So what are you trying to accomplish?

Great idea with the OL btw

My goals are as follows

1) Get realistic pressure and to have it come from the outside. No more BS dt sacks where they throw a lineman and chase you down while des are playing pattycake with the tackles - This has been accomplished but not destroyed to the point where the Justin Smith's and Patriots ends of the world don't get sacks. Suh still gets pressure because he keeps his moves.

2) Stop DT's from being run stopping brutes who can do a 180 in miliseconds to tackle the RB as he tries to run past. Instead I want them to push OLs around to create gaps for LBs to shoot. The pursuits edits have minimized this a bit and the prc and awareness edits from the one game that I've tried seems to have all but eliminated it.

3) Stop super human swatting LBS - After editing the Jump rating if they get a swat it's because of their positioning

4) Get rid of WWE Smackdown tackle animations. The root of this is the hit power rating as well as the big hitter trait - This has been solved

5) Make tackles and INTs and hopefully even offense distributed properly. This is what I'm working on now. Awareness and Play Recognition are proximity ratings. Theoretically, this can be tiered by rate of production so that the people who are around the ball IRL are around the ball when you play the game in madden. Think the 2k basketball's tendencies. High awareness and PRC = high amount of tackles for lbs and picks for DBs relative to lower ratid people.

EDIT: Also I know coach profiles can help but frankly i don't think they do enough - I think of them like sliders - They're modifiers but won't fix issues with the way ratings and the engine functions. I do plan to play with them later on to tweak things once i finalize ratings