Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Wishlist (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   If I was making NCAA 13 (/forums/showthread.php?t=531850)

HoundsOfHowl 01-10-2012 04:59 PM

If I was making NCAA 13

If I was a developer for NCAA 13, this is how I would do it.

To start things off, I would keep the gameplay from 2012, due to being on a timeframe, but I would change those dang leaping linebackers that everyone hates.
(Personally I don't play online so I would let someone else fix that mess)

But I'm a gameplay/visual guy so this is how I would help make the game better.

- All teams have fight songs, mascots, updated uniforms, and updated stadiums
- Dynasty mode will feature ESPN and CBS with new announcers (including college gameday)
- College Football Final, end of every week, showing highlights, updated BCS or Top 25, and feature games of the week
- Deeper recruiting (can now contact SO & JR) and new sayings, promises, and recruiting strategies.
- Make FG's and Punts a little easier to block.
- Ability to add up to 25 teams to the FBS
- Make tweaks to Custom Conferences, so that the schedules don't get messed up by conferences that are not changed.
- 85 man rosters
- Medical redshirts
- New player tendencies for all players
- Player attitudes
- Suspensions
- Mini games to help boost your team during season
- Practice matters, Practicing during the week of your game will boost your players abilities.
- Better dynamic stadiums
- Sound overhaul

Just my thoughts of how this game would be better, I know that there is so much more that can be fixed but I would start here for myself...

The_Wise_One 01-10-2012 10:37 PM

Re: If I was making NCAA 13

Quote:

Originally Posted by iBleedOrange247 (Post 2043254564)
If I was a developer for NCAA 13, this is how I would do it.

To start things off, I would keep the gameplay from 2012, due to being on a timeframe, but I would change those dang leaping linebackers that everyone hates.
(Personally I don't play online so I would let someone else fix that mess)

But I'm a gameplay/visual guy so this is how I would help make the game better.

- All teams have fight songs, mascots, updated uniforms, and updated stadiums
- Dynasty mode will feature ESPN and CBS with new announcers (including college gameday)
- College Football Final, end of every week, showing highlights, updated BCS or Top 25, and feature games of the week
- Deeper recruiting (can now contact SO & JR) and new sayings, promises, and recruiting strategies.
- Make FG's and Punts a little easier to block.
- Ability to add up to 25 teams to the FBS
- Make tweaks to Custom Conferences, so that the schedules don't get messed up by conferences that are not changed.
- 85 man rosters
- Medical redshirts
- New player tendencies for all players
- Player attitudes
- Suspensions
- Mini games to help boost your team during season
- Practice matters, Practicing during the week of your game will boost your players abilities.
- Better dynamic stadiums
- Sound overhaul

Just my thoughts of how this game would be better, I know that there is so much more that can be fixed but I would start here for myself...

Those are good ideas but I disagree about gameplay. IMO it is what hurts NCAA Football the most.

Aranor 01-14-2012 10:06 PM

For me to even think of getting '13 a lot of this stuff should be mentioned should be added or fixed like 85 player roster, fcs teams, gameplay fixed; ie: physic defense, blocking, suction blocking. Its not worth it to me to buy the same game year after year.

MilesFromAustin 01-19-2012 05:22 PM

Ok I won't even mention the fact that they should switch to a physics based engine and leave the animations of yesteryear where they belong. Most gameplay issues will not be fixed until next gen.. if even then.

Some things that would be doable for these unpassionate, entitled, non-geniuses. Without breaking a sweat they could add these features to atleast pretend like they give 1 **** about the fan's opinion.

1. Instead of just having a Head Coach and O and D coordinators.. Give me linebackers coaches, recruiters/assistant coaches, rb coach, qb coach, special teams, etc. Have these coaches as hires that you have to make, and then have the quality of these position coaches be the reason your squad gets better... not a random stat increase every offseason. The user could go after a great QB coach and then choose for him to work on the accuracy of all his qbs... a d=line coach that is known for his tackles stopping the run... whatnot.. would completely change how you play the game because you would recruit to stay in line with your coaches and vice versa..

2. You know how every single player in the nfl and college passes and sprints the same way? Me neither so why is it like that in the game.. Use your bloated *** budget (which since I have bought the game every year I feel I'm entitled to give you a piece of my mind) to motion capture about 25 different people running. and 25 or so different QB's throwing and moving around in the pocket... So that we can choose throwing style and running style and the way in which a qb moves around in the pocket... NBA does it for shot types and styles.. you guys should have been doing this last decade.

3. Penalties... Holding and Clipping and Roughing the passer are not the only penalties in college ball... I never .. ever.. see late hits any more.. no hits out of bounds penalties.. no pass interference unless i accidentally tackle the receiver. No defensive holding.. No receiver going out of bounds and then being the first to touch the ball. No formation penalties or substitution penalties. Intentional grounding hardly ever... Really takes away from the "this is like real life" idea.

4. Maybe its always been like this.. but I can only throw a lob or a bullet pass in this game. I'm sure you guys can figure out a way to fix this... but if you can't... have a charge up meter when the corresponding button is pressed. tap stil lobs it.. holding all the way to the end of the meter still bullets it.. anywhere in between.. well you get the idea.

5. Super LB's and Receivers/DBs not even looking at the ball and then flying to it in some stupid animation with catlike reflexes ... its been mentioned before but it has destroyed passing in the middle for the most part.

6. I know its been mentioned but Size has to matter.. my weakside end and linebacker got wrecked by a scat back... bulldozed.. and it just didn't make sense.. and its not a once in a blue moon thing.

7. Lets see. How about just way more stats.. I want to see interesting stats and facts pop up about my season and how I've been doing and how I stack up against the opponent not just on this game day but over the season. Hinting at my star junior RB not sticking around with "performances like this"... More stat tracking so when I go into the stat menu in my dynasty I can look at how my QB performed on the road... how he did on 2nd downs on the road.. What his accuracy on 10+,20+,30+ yard passes was. left/right/center part of the field passes accuracy. How many first downs he has achieved.. same for rb's.. receiver's... and might as well fix the depth chart while your at it.. make them weakside and strongside.. not right and left.

Thats all I will say for now.. All of these could make the game a whole, whole heck of a lot better and I'm not even asking you to change the more difficult and more messed up things such as your entire gameplay engine.

PS.... Sidelines... no more cutscenes... Sidelines.. all your coaches that exist on your team and all the players and all the media and all the water boys and all the clutter packed up against the sidelines so that if a player goes out he will probably bump into them.... and how about making a bigger difference between a pumped up LSU fanbase at tiger stadium ......and the Rice owls on any third down in any game against any opponent.