Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Is using another team's playbook "Not Honorable"? Intense Office Debate (/forums/showthread.php?t=536046)

DaltonGreen 02-08-2012 02:36 PM

Is using another team's playbook "Not Honorable"? Intense Office Debate

So heres the Backdrop Story...

Played coworker in Madden12, Bengals vs. Cowboys using their respective playbooks.

First Game, I (The Bengals), lost to my coworker (The Cowboys) 41-25.

We then play a second time a week later....

I change my playbook to San Francisco's Defense Playbook while keeping Bengals offensive playbook...

Second Game, I Win 24-2 and Tony Romo throws 5 Int's and my coworker completed 3 passes combined to his WR's. He's devistated.

A week later after tons of smack talk every day in the office between games...We play again....

Game 3, I use San Francisco Defensive playbook and win 21-0 and my coworker quit in the 3rd QTR!! Room throws 3 INT's

Here is the situation: My Coworker is saying that the playbook and the scheme's improve the players with (zone blitzes and coverages) and give me a sizable advantage over him. He also says that i should not have to use another team's playbook and that i am cheating.

All input is welcomed as we continue to try and solve this very heated office debate....

moneal2001 02-08-2012 02:52 PM

Re: Is using another team's playbook "Not Honorable"? Intense Office Debate

no its perfectly fair and advisable to find the best book for your players and playstyle. just look at the broncos offense this year. tell him to stop whining and figure out how to beat your new D

pinksheets 02-08-2012 03:00 PM

No. It's not like each team is given their honest to god defensive playbook, so you're not breaking any sort of code of honor.

Not only that, but when you play Madden, it's about your playstyle, not the team you're using in real life. Part of playing the game is A) picking a team with the personnel to fit your playstyle and B) implementing that playstyle (which means playbooks + execution).

TheDelta 02-08-2012 03:09 PM

Ridiculous. Use whatever playbook you like.

BezO 02-08-2012 03:10 PM

I can see his argument. That's like borrowing a better/different coach for a game.

But it's Madden. Enjoy the fantasy.

CuseGirl 02-08-2012 03:14 PM

I love my Giants. I hate Kevin Gilbride. You paid for the game and the system, do what makes you happy. Half the time in games like this, as soon as I take control of the team, I fire the coach.

baseballsim 02-08-2012 03:24 PM

Does he know that there's also a custom Playbook feature? Also, the game allows users to switch playbooks before a game so it can't really be called cheating.

pegout 02-08-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BezO (Post 2043345447)
I can see his argument. That's like borrowing a better/different coach for a game.

But it's Madden. Enjoy the fantasy.

last time i checked i was the coach play callings on me and part of that is the playbook