Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Baseball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   First televised baseball in 2012. (/forums/showthread.php?t=536303)

Jackdog 02-10-2012 09:29 AM

First televised baseball in 2012.

Today on the MLB Channel. 12 EST/ 11am CST. Australian Baseball League Championship Series. Melbourne Aces vs Perth Heat. Best of 3 series.Tape Delayed. Enjoy!

sweny5632 02-10-2012 10:26 AM

Re: First televised baseball in 2012.

Nice! Thanks for the heads up!

Perfect Zero 02-10-2012 10:51 AM

I love the ABL for one stupid reason. When I was sending out mass resumes for jobs, I sent one for the opening for Commissioner of the Australian Baseball League. Obviously I didn't get the job, but I got a nice rejection e-mail with MLB letterhead :D

Anyways, I have a friend who's husband is from Perth. I guess if I have to have a rooting interest...

Jackdog 02-10-2012 02:58 PM

It was good to watch some baseball. Not a bad game at all. Looking forward to tomorrows game.

SPTO 02-10-2012 06:11 PM

First, DAMNIT I WANT MLBN!

Second, was it a direct simulcast of the Aussie broadcast? Was it hard to decipher what the announcers were saying? I'm just curious.

Third, I know the language thing is a barrier and the fact that the seasons overlap a bit but I think it would be interesting if MLB-N did something similar with Japanese baseball. You could have a couple of the MLB-N guys doing the commentary off the monitor and the tech people could translate the graphics.

It's just a thought :)

DrJones 02-10-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPTO (Post 2043352340)

Second, was it a direct simulcast of the Aussie broadcast? Was it hard to decipher what the announcers were saying? I'm just curious.

Third, I know the language thing is a barrier and the fact that the seasons overlap a bit but I think it would be interesting if MLB-N did something similar with Japanese baseball. You could have a couple of the MLB-N guys doing the commentary off the monitor and the tech people could translate the graphics.

Good idea. At the very least, the Japan Series should be broadcast in North America.

av7 02-10-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPTO (Post 2043352340)

I would like them to broadcast more games. Theres only so many Prime 9 reruns I can take during the offseason

Perfect Zero 02-10-2012 09:30 PM

The game wasn't that bad. I guess it's comparable to AA around here, but they seemed to have quite a bit of MLB experience.