Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What should we really expect from NCAA 13 ? (/forums/showthread.php?t=537064)

pk556 02-15-2012 01:46 PM

What should we really expect from NCAA 13 ?

After all the bugs and glitches , not to mention the very very bad gameplay from NCAA 12 , what should we really expect from 13 ? I for one have no confidence that it will be much better. This team has proven they cannot fix problems from year to year so why should 13 be any different ?

GGGswim 02-15-2012 02:03 PM

Re: What should we really expect from NCAA 13 ?

Caveat: I've avoided moving up to '12 after reading all the problem threads posted here and everywhere (but just added wireless to apt so may jump on a discounted '12, though, since I can now get tuners/patches).

As for '13? I think NCAA followers will see a better, less glitchy, game.
Reasoning? In this 'want it now' day and age of technology, one bad year can be chalked up to....whatever/something. TWO consecutive bad ones, well, I think it'd be the end of the series if the outcry for '13 mimics '12.
(Consecutive bad years fatally ruining a reputation? Lets look at the Palm Pre phones, and pretty much everything but printers for, coincidentally, HP)
I think EA recognizes this, and that they will put in the extra time, bucks, whatever it takes, to bring us a better game with '13.

TheNumber35 02-15-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pk556 (Post 2043367001)
After all the bugs and glitches , not to mention the very very bad gameplay from NCAA 12 , what should we really expect from 13 ? I for one have no confidence that it will be much better. This team has proven they cannot fix problems from year to year so why should 13 be any different ?

I respectfully disagree with you...NCAA did have its fair share of bugs and glitches but the Dev team hasn't proven anything one way or the other in my opinion. The game had its good and bad parts, and honestly...I thought the gameplay wasn't all that bad (other than the super LBs and psychic DBs that is) not to mention the fact that sliders corrected many of the gripes myself and others had with the gameplay.

This team improved NCAA 12 into a better product than it was when they made NCAA 11 and I have a sneaking suspicion that they might surprise you this year...another year with the same core team and same engine that gave us some strides in the right direction this season, and there is no reason to not be reasonably optimistic with NCAA 13.

pk556 02-15-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNumber35 (Post 2043367067)
I respectfully disagree with you...NCAA did have its fair share of bugs and glitches but the Dev team hasn't proven anything one way or the other in my opinion. The game had its good and bad parts, and honestly...I thought the gameplay wasn't all that bad (other than the super LBs and psychic DBs that is) not to mention the fact that sliders corrected many of the gripes myself and others had with the gameplay.

This team improved NCAA 12 into a better product than it was when they made NCAA 11 and I have a sneaking suspicion that they might surprise you this year...another year with the same core team and same engine that gave us some strides in the right direction this season, and there is no reason to not be reasonably optimistic with NCAA 13.

People always say I had no problem with gameplay ACCEPT FOR , etc , etc . You left off that the option game is very bad , sure it works out of the shotgun a little but try to run it from the pistol or flexbone. I do hope you are right about them surprising me though .

TheNumber35 02-15-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pk556 (Post 2043367096)
People always say I had no problem with gameplay ACCEPT FOR , etc , etc . You left off that the option game is very bad , sure it works out of the shotgun a little but try to run it from the pistol or flexbone. I do hope you are right about them surprising me though .

That's true...I agree with the pistol (for the most part), but the flexbone is something that I've had a lot of success with in my dynasties and in online play. The trick to flexbone is knowing the defense your up against and picking the right play to counter it (versus the pistol just being broken unless they rush 3 or 4 lol).

But I definitely feel your pain with this game and I while I personally don't have huge issues with most of the gameplay, I can see how other people do and I'm with ya 100% in hoping we get an even better product in NCAA 13

Potatoes002 02-15-2012 03:16 PM

I'm honestly expecting a new commentary team. There is no way they are going to have a game with the same lines still being used 10 years later. I don't know, but I have a strong feeling this will be addressed this year. The developers even said that a big goal of their's is to make the game feel different than the last one. What a better way to do that then having a new commentary team?

Ryberg360 02-15-2012 03:41 PM

I say we can expect some glitches and then a patch. Followed by another patch to fix stuff the 1st patch broke that had nothing to do with the 1st patch. Possibly a 3rd patch, but all in all we are left with what we are currently playing now

Scrapps 02-15-2012 03:44 PM

The commentary team should be the last of EA's concern. The gameplay is crap. I've had about enough of team entrances, band locations, cannon placement, & and other fluff, that attempts to divert attention from the atrocity that is gamepley. Its a joke. There is no weight or momentum to players. Defensive lineman change direction on a dime. Ratings don't matter. Why do db's react to a ball in the air, yet the wr's don't? There is so much wrong with this game, the commentary team should be about #1874 on EA's priority list.