Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Tennis (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=270)
-   -   Grand Slam Tennis 2 Initial Reviewer Impressions (/forums/showthread.php?t=537183)

RaychelSnr 02-16-2012 12:06 PM

Grand Slam Tennis 2 Initial Reviewer Impressions

It’s challenging to evaluate Grand Slam Tennis 2’s gameplay, because it’s a completely different experience depending on what difficulty level you select. On the highest levels, the CPU almost never misses a shot. On the lowest levels, the CPU players trip all over themselves trying to get to the ball and move like slugs. But in between those extremes, there’s a decent game of tennis.

Read More - Grand Slam Tennis 2 Initial Reviewer Impressions

ZoneBlitz 02-16-2012 09:15 PM

Classic EA effort: gimmicks, marketing hype, and the sport is exploited to sell a game.

killer miller31 02-16-2012 09:43 PM

its funny to me how this game was loved on the wii 2 years ago but now that its in hd plays the exact same awesome game of tennis even better in some places but its getting no love and being called gimmicky? this is exactly why i trusted my own opinion on the demo and the fun i had on the wii version and bought this game and love it! as do most everyone who has purchased and ignored the reviews.anyone i have talked to or seen thats bought it are very happy with their purchase...online is a blast! far better experience online then top spin 4 where half the people that are on cant connect to eachother do to 2ks classic server errors lol... both play a great game of tennis but both have their faults as do every games.but we have a good variety of tennis games here and both have a spot on myshelf.im really enjoying grand slam 2 at the moment though money well spent for me...=)if anyones playing on ps3 im killermiller3131 hit me up!

marine5942 02-16-2012 10:48 PM

i hhave to agree with killer, the game has flaws but very fun to play. now that ea is in the game (no pun intended) it will force both companies to step up their tennis game even higher

Dazraz 02-17-2012 03:14 AM

At least Grand Slam Tennis 2 has a Multiplayer Tournament mode to play offline. The lack of such a mode was a gamebreaker on the otherwise superior Top Spin 4.

Splitter77 02-17-2012 07:18 AM

Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Initial Reviewer Impressions

Quote:

Originally Posted by killer miller31 (Post 2043371556)
its funny to me how this game was loved on the wii 2 years ago but now that its in hd plays the exact same awesome game of tennis even better in some places but its getting no love and being called gimmicky? this is exactly why i trusted my own opinion on the demo and the fun i had on the wii version and bought this game and love it! as do most everyone who has purchased and ignored the reviews.anyone i have talked to or seen thats bought it are very happy with their purchase...online is a blast! far better experience online then top spin 4 where half the people that are on cant connect to eachother do to 2ks classic server errors lol... both play a great game of tennis but both have their faults as do every games.but we have a good variety of tennis games here and both have a spot on myshelf.im really enjoying grand slam 2 at the moment though money well spent for me...=)if anyones playing on ps3 im killermiller3131 hit me up!

its not the same as the wii version.
at least in the wii version there were unforced errors.
you could also angle shots better toward the lines in the wii version.

hf199 02-17-2012 10:06 AM

Why isn't Jimmy Connors in any of these games?

killer miller31 02-17-2012 03:51 PM

i was using my move controller last night and unforced errors and better line angles are ALL there and its consistent.perhaps we will get with a patch the ability to hit more angles a little better with "TRC"as well and also then we will see the unforced errors more so as im seeing them with the move controller.