Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   The Greatest Online Finish in 2k history? (/forums/showthread.php?t=537678)

RyanLaFalce 02-20-2012 12:54 AM

The Greatest Online Finish in 2k history?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EoM3szObxmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
If it is, I am glad to be apart of it.

Fly3 02-20-2012 01:49 AM

Re: The Greatest Online Finish in 2k history?

Clippers user has no idea how to play with a lead. Wow.

TarHeelPhenom 02-20-2012 02:23 AM

No plays called...no defense...good ending!

CerebrumMusica 02-20-2012 02:49 AM

I don't normally spend any time commenting on things like this when I don't have anything constructive to say, but here it goes...

The title of this thread should read, "The two worst 2k basketball players battle in the cheesiest, most repetitive game of all time".

I am sorry, but neither of you know anything about basketball other than the team with the most points wins at the end.

For those of you that didn't watch, here is a summary.

Inbound, dribble, turbo, shoot three...smash steal button, get turnover, shoot again, smash steal button, alley oop, smash some more steal button, shoot immediately, don't pass the ball EVER, just shoot...etc...

There was no more than one pass per possession. How is that great?

I wouldn't have wasted time responding if this wasn't something that affected me AND the sim community directly. We get punished for players playing like this because online takes precedent over offline nowadays, and they change/cater the game to suppress people from playing stupid smash buttons type of basketball, while they could focus on other things. Ever heard of a pick and roll? I almost feel bad for you because this game has so much to offer that you will never recognize (running real plays, court spacing, passing to create shots, POST GAME, defense, etc), yet you chose to do the same thing every play, and that's exactly why I will never play online.

So, since your thread title has a question mark, my answer is no...that was not the greatest online finish in 2k history, it was one of the worst.

TarHeelPhenom 02-20-2012 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CerebrumMusica (Post 2043380411)
I don't normally spend any time commenting on things like this when I don't have anything constructive to say, but here it goes...

The title of this thread should read, "The two worst 2k basketball players battle in the cheesiest, most repetitive game of all time".

I am sorry, but neither of you know anything about basketball other than the team with the most points wins at the end.

Inbound, dribble, turbo, shoot three...smash steal button, get turnover, shoot again, smash steal button, alley oop, smash some more steal button, shoot immediately, don't pass the ball EVER, just shoot...etc...

I wouldn't have wasted time responding if this wasn't something that affected me AND the sim community directly. We get punished for players playing like this because online takes precedent over offline nowadays, and they change/cater the game to suppress people from playing stupid smash buttons type of basketball, while they could focus on other things. Ever heard of a pick and roll? I almost feel bad for you because this game has so much to offer that you will never recognize (running real plays, court spacing, passing to create shots, POST GAME, defense, etc), yet you chose to do the same thing every play, and that's exactly why I will never play online.

So, since your thread title has a question mark, my answer is no...that was not the greatest online finish in 2k history, it was one of the worst.

Tell him how you really feel lol!

Yeah, that was more like an Charity All-Star game.

CerebrumMusica 02-20-2012 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom (Post 2043380425)
Tell him how you really feel lol!

Yeah, that was more like an Charity All-Star game.

I'd be in real trouble if I did that ;0

Honestly, I mean no disrespect to the OP, but he asked for an opinion, and I gave him mine, respectfully, I believe.

daveberg 02-20-2012 06:52 AM

Online in sports games = fail.

naama 02-20-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CerebrumMusica (Post 2043380411)

Thanks for saving my time, exactly what I was about to write. This video made me sick and reminded me once again why I don't play online, people just don't know anything about basketball.