Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How do you block your field goals (/forums/showthread.php?t=53777)

dallasboy87 09-28-2003 09:26 AM

How do you block your field goals

What is your method of blocking Field Goals tihs year? The old way of going around the outside doesn't work anymore.

GeePee20 09-28-2003 09:32 AM

Re: How do you block your field goals

I think it's just about impossible. I have yet to block a kick or punt which sucks cause I use VaTech!

dallasboy87 09-28-2003 09:36 AM

I use VaTech too and it really does suck

Fsu280 09-28-2003 11:21 AM

I came close a couple of times. I usually use the LB right behind the rest of the line, and just move him behind one of the tackles and run in at an angle. Haven't blocked one, but I'be gotten pretty close.

GeePee20 09-28-2003 11:48 AM

I just wish they would allow to us to jump high enough to block it without having to run all the way in. Like the blocked kick USC had yesterday. One of their LBs just got up a couple feet and swatted it.

CM1847 09-28-2003 12:03 PM

I think they try so hard to get rid of the cheap way to block stuff which is were there is a certain player you can take from a certain posistion to get a block almost every time. I think they want to get rid of this for online and so you don't block everything, but they forget to make is at least possible to do it. I agree that having a little higher jump would help a lot.

Flyboy 09-28-2003 08:50 PM

... Block... a field goal?

ochoco 09-28-2003 09:31 PM

Ya, I wish there was some way to institute it so it wasn't taken advantage of but you could still get blocks in. There have been more blocks this year on the games I watch then I can remember. 5 or 6 just on the last two Oregon games. Thats alot IMHO. Oops I dont mean just blocked field goals but blocked kicks in general, sorry.