Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Tennis (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=270)
-   -   Grand Slam Tennis 2 Review (360/PS3) (/forums/showthread.php?t=537820)

RaychelSnr 02-20-2012 09:57 PM

Grand Slam Tennis 2 Review (360/PS3)

Tennis, despite its limited popularity in America, is one of the only sports gaming genres where gamers have several choices available. The Top Spin series has been the standard in tennis gaming, but Virtua Tennis also has its share of fans. Now, EA has entered the fray on all three major consoles with Grand Slam Tennis 2. Does EA’s newest entry into tennis gaming set a new standard for the genre?

Read More - Grand Slam Tennis 2 Review (360/PS3)

dodgerblue 02-20-2012 10:28 PM

Well written review Bo. Thanks for your impressions.

SteelerSpartan 02-20-2012 10:30 PM

A fair review,

EA has the potential here to make a deep and engaging Tennis experience, but like with Madden, its still mostly a pretty paint job without the raw horse power

Hopefully this series doesn't go the way of NCAA Basketball 10 and they put more emphasis on making this series a Tennis Sim

tinpanalley 02-21-2012 01:45 AM

They'll be lucky if even a small audience of people buys this game. So even if it DOES come out again as Grand Slam 3, it won't likely get much more sim than this. They'll probably charge us another 50 bucks next year and do something dumb like remove Nadal.

tanner75 02-21-2012 02:32 AM

Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Review (360/PS3)

I don't know why you are not seeing the cpu serve any faults. Try playing on superstar, i have seen multiple let serves, serves into the net and i even won a crucial game when the cpu (Serena Williams) served a double fault!!

killer miller31 02-21-2012 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanner75 (Post 2043384272)
I don't know why you are not seeing the cpu serve any faults. Try playing on superstar, i have seen multiple let serves, serves into the net and i even won a crucial game when the cpu (Serena Williams) served a double fault!!

i know! same here i see cpu serve errors all the time and the cpu hit the ball in to the net a lot as well.

Da-Man 02-21-2012 06:31 AM

Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Review (360/PS3)

Good fair review but could someone please explain to me the pros and cons of hitting the ball deep?

bomccready 02-21-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanner75 (Post 2043384272)

It's great that you're seeing faults. It's my opinion, though, that faults shouldn't only happen on Superstar difficulty. Plus, given the way difficulty progresses in career mode, faults only showing up on Superstar difficulty means that you'll be several years into your career before the CPU starts missing serves.

What console are you playing on and what control method are you using?